Wolfwood
In the Valley of the Sun
Music. Technology. I think one of the my favorite things about technology in our current music world is the variety of ways one may be introduced to a very wide array of new-to-you music.
With the advent of programs like Pandora we are introduced to a very " smart " environment of search and discovery. You search for music that you already know you like and Pandora " suggests " the next song at random based on a system that pairs " like / similar " music. And most of the time, you dont get locked into one genre, but rather, Pandora will offer you something slightly new at times. Leading to new paths of music ! Although I have never used a program like Pandora, I really admire the concept and everyone I know surely enjoys it !
The main way that I discover new music and artists, is through Sirius / XM radio. I started listening to satellite radio in 2006, and at the time I really only listened to 2 stations. BPM (dance) and Area 53 ( house club trance ). Looking back now it was silly to subscribe to sat. radio for just two channels. But I am so glad I did !
Through XM I discovered whole new genres that I knew must exist but had no idea what they were called. Surfing through channels I found the " Chill " station. A wide and wonderful mix of progressive , electronic , minimal, ambient, trance, acoustic , loungie jazzy stuff ! Leaving Chill , the next stop was " Spa ". What an ear opener ! A whole new world of tribal, space-ambient, textural, atmospheric, world, soundscape, classical and new age !
Somehow I found my way around the radio, noting some favorites like " 40's on 4 " " Orchestra Classics " and on a non music note " Opie & Anthony " talk radio out of NY.
To the point Wolfwood !! Ok. Ok. I'm currently hooked on " Spa " and have been noticing that quite a few of my favorite artists on the channel come from the Spotted Peccary label.
With a sound centering around the ambient, space, tribal and electronic. With my notable favorites being ( in no particular order ) :
Brain Laughter ( compilation of artists )
Craig Padilla
David Helping
Johan Agebjorn
John Jenkins
Michael Stearns
Zero Ohms
I apologize, this was longer than I had planned. But if you are into ambient, space, tribal and electronic etc... I HIGHLY recommend this label in its entirety. Go check it out. Your ears may* thank you!
http://spottedpeccary.com/
-Wolfwood
With the advent of programs like Pandora we are introduced to a very " smart " environment of search and discovery. You search for music that you already know you like and Pandora " suggests " the next song at random based on a system that pairs " like / similar " music. And most of the time, you dont get locked into one genre, but rather, Pandora will offer you something slightly new at times. Leading to new paths of music ! Although I have never used a program like Pandora, I really admire the concept and everyone I know surely enjoys it !
The main way that I discover new music and artists, is through Sirius / XM radio. I started listening to satellite radio in 2006, and at the time I really only listened to 2 stations. BPM (dance) and Area 53 ( house club trance ). Looking back now it was silly to subscribe to sat. radio for just two channels. But I am so glad I did !
Through XM I discovered whole new genres that I knew must exist but had no idea what they were called. Surfing through channels I found the " Chill " station. A wide and wonderful mix of progressive , electronic , minimal, ambient, trance, acoustic , loungie jazzy stuff ! Leaving Chill , the next stop was " Spa ". What an ear opener ! A whole new world of tribal, space-ambient, textural, atmospheric, world, soundscape, classical and new age !
Somehow I found my way around the radio, noting some favorites like " 40's on 4 " " Orchestra Classics " and on a non music note " Opie & Anthony " talk radio out of NY.
To the point Wolfwood !! Ok. Ok. I'm currently hooked on " Spa " and have been noticing that quite a few of my favorite artists on the channel come from the Spotted Peccary label.
With a sound centering around the ambient, space, tribal and electronic. With my notable favorites being ( in no particular order ) :
Brain Laughter ( compilation of artists )
Craig Padilla
David Helping
Johan Agebjorn
John Jenkins
Michael Stearns
Zero Ohms
I apologize, this was longer than I had planned. But if you are into ambient, space, tribal and electronic etc... I HIGHLY recommend this label in its entirety. Go check it out. Your ears may* thank you!
http://spottedpeccary.com/
-Wolfwood