• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SRV Lost tape

Register to hide this ad
Looks real to me Dave, same footage as the interview, exact same clothing, guitar, hat and wedding ring...thanks
 
Whats shocking is how well he played even in 83. His drug probs were no secrete and that had to be near his big time use days.
 
Whats shocking is how well he played even in 83. His drug probs were no secrete and that had to be near his big time use days.

That's what I had in my mind while watching it, he was talking like he was wasted and then just laied his head down and played like no one was around, or didn't want them around.
 
Another fun one by him with the great Lonnie Mack

 
I remember hearing him for the first time, I was driving at nightup in British Columbia and the radio started playing some of his first album, I thought 'man, why can't we have radio like that in the States'. When I got home I scooped up that record. Hmm, I believe I played it through a Pioneer sx-1250 and a Parasound TT with a Shure V15 type IV cartridge and a stacked speaker system with Bic formula 4's on the bottom, sealed Wharfedale somethings on top with hot new Pyle Driver domes.
 
Thx for posting this. SRV is, even in death, one of my all time favorite blues artists. For me, Stevie didn't play the blues but rather the blues channeled through him; he was a talented messenger for the blues to reach and touch us all. OPG.
 
Whats shocking is how well he played even in 83. His drug probs were no secrete and that had to be near his big time use days.
I stood just a few feet in front of him in concert in early 1984 Norfolk, Virginia. He probably was completely wasted but he was in complete control and absolutely mesmerizing. I've been to more than a few shows in my lifetime but this one topped them all for pure musical inspiration. :bowdown: :king:
 
I was just saying to my wife the other day when SRV came on the radio, said he had to go so young.
R.I.P.
 
Back
Top Bottom