• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

St. Charles MO audio plethora December 3 and 4 only

KiM3Ce

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
No affiliation, but this is the estate of AK member MRL (R.I.P. Mike!).

https://www.estatesales.net/MO/Saint-Charles/63304/3491580

Lots of good photos in the listing. Here is the text from the top:

Hundreds of Audio Components and Thousands of Records/Cassettes/Reels

December 3rd and 4th, from Noon to 5pm. Cash only!

This estate sale comes from a decades-deep collector of fine audio components and exceptional music. Consisting of brands like McIntosh, Yamaha, Nakamichi, Thorens, Fairchild, Harman/Kardon, Pioneer, Mitsubishi, Bozak, Krell, VPI, Infinity, Altec, Shure, Denon, Audio Technica, and many more! Along with hundreds of prerecorded cassette and reel to reel tapes, used blanks, and thousands of records including MoFi, high end box sets, audiophile reissues, and every bit of the best music ever made, from Led Zeppelin to Los Lobos, Procol Harum to Phish, and Miles Davis to Megadeth. Rock, Jazz, and so much more!

Only the tagged audio items are for sale-none of the furniture or other household items are for sale.

Every audio component has been evaluated by a professional who used to work at the best local audio repair shop, and will be individually tagged as to operational condition and asking price. Media will be priced individually in increments. All items are being sold as-is, where is, and please bring assistance to load if you’re purchasing large items!

It's first come, first serve! If you have any questions, please get in touch with vinyldavid at gmail dot com. Odds are you know him, or someone you know does!

The photos posted and list below are just a part of the gems included. We will post more photos as the sale date draws nearer.

Please be respectful of the parking situation and do not block neighbor’s driveways. We will keep a driveway spot cleared for those who need to get close to the door to load.

We look forward to seeing you at the sale!

A partial list is:

McIntosh 2205, C32, MR74, MPI-4 (sold as a LOT only!)

Fairchild 412 with SME 3009 and Ortofon SPU

Infinity RS-IIIB

Thorens TD-124 with an Ortofon RMG-212 and Denon DL-103

Klipsch Chorus 1

Altec Lansing Model 14

Krell KSA-200S

Krell KSA-50S

Harman Kardon Citation 11/12/13/14 (sold as a LOT only!)

VPI Aries

McIntosh MC-30 pair (rebuilt!)

McIntosh C8/C8S Pair

McIntosh MR-71 (rebuilt!)

Studer B67

Sharp RP-117

Nakamichi RX-505 w/remote and box

Nakamichi RX-505

Yamaha PF-800 w/Sumiko Blue Point

Akai GX-635D

Marantz SD9000

Technics SL-M3

Pioneer PL-1000

Nakamichi 700

Harman Kardon ST-7 NEW IN BOX

Pioneer RT-707 in wood case

Metzner Starlight

Panasonic RS-296US 20 Cassette Changer

Denon Cassematic 12

Yamaha PX-3

Mitsubishi LT-30

Benjamin 4100

Rek o Kut B12/S220

Rabco ST-4

SAE C102

Sony PS-X800

Empire 598

Pioneer RT-1020L

Dynaco PAS-2

Dynaco PAS-3

Dynaco FM2

Dynaco FM3

Thorens TD-111 with Grado Wood Arm

Dynaco Stereo 70 (restored)

Dynaco MkIIIs (restored)

NOSValves NBS Preamplifier and VRD Tube Monoblocks

Sony TTS-3000 with a Rabco SL-8E

Eico HFS-2

Hegeman Model 1s

ReVox B791

Akai GXC-570D

Pioneer CT-F1000

Akai GXC-750D



....and so so so much more. Hundreds of phono cartridges/stylii, from Shure, Audio Technica, Denon, Dynavector, Benz Micro, ADC, Decca, Empire, Grado, Nagaoka, Ortofon, Sumiko, Goldring, and Stanton! Over 400 items, not counting any records, tapes, or CDs!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'm going to go more just to see some of the stuff. Vinyldavid was kind enough to message me here after I posted up his Facebook marketplace listing for the sale.

If only I actually had the money to replace my stolen stereo. That's how it works though. I might have enough to get something to start piecing back everything.
 
I'm going to go more just to see some of the stuff. Vinyldavid was kind enough to message me here after I posted up his Facebook marketplace listing for the sale.

If only I actually had the money to replace my stolen stereo. That's how it works though. I might have enough to get something to start piecing back everything.

Sorry to hear you were a victim of a crime! FWIW, obsolete home theater receivers without HDMI are cheap and abundant on Craigslist. One of those and a pair of headphones and you've got FM! Good luck..
 
I didn't even know he passed. RIP Think I may have sold him the brown bakelite Stromberg Carlson radio
 
My kinda estate sale...Detailed descriptions and pics... And not buying a pig in a poke but tested and verified working.....GLWS Im sure they will draw the chicago crowd...

Definitely a large Chicago crowd coming. A buddy of mine in Chicago actually asked me today if I was going. He knows 10-20 people who are planning on coming down.

Maybe someone going to the sale or at the sale could donate a receiver to you. If I could make it to the sale I definitely would bring one for you.

Sorry to hear you were a victim of a crime! FWIW, obsolete home theater receivers without HDMI are cheap and abundant on Craigslist. One of those and a pair of headphones and you've got FM! Good luck..

Thanks both of you. I've noticed receivers are abundant second hand. I'm hoping to get a TT and cassette deck from the sale. I'm going to pay a couple bills later then normal to actually have a little in my pocket. But I'm not sure I'll make it out Saturday much less early Saturday. All in all I'd be happy just having a piece to give a good home. Regardless of what I get I hope the sale goes well and those that do get items enjoy them the way MRL did.
 
If priced remotely below market prices this will be a camp out type of event... I also wonder if David is considering presales on high dollar items.. Such as selling Mac system in advance...
 
If priced remotely below market prices this will be a camp out type of event... I also wonder if David is considering presales on high dollar items.. Such as selling Mac system in advance...

That's what my buddy told me. A few of the people he knows are coming down Thursday night. A large KC group is coming also and a few people from Indy he knows. It's interesting to see what a sale like this brings around while also being kind of sad to think that the collection was someone's pride and joy and most people are just thinking about reselling or what kind of below market deal they can get.
 
Last edited:
Well they ie. estate sales people, have to leave enough on the bone for end users to think they are getting a deal and/or flippers having enough room to make a profit to resell to the next end user.....Estate sales would not thrive themselves without flippers...Likely alot of items would go unsold without them...
 
Our hearts are broken. Erin & I finally sold him our MIP4 after a long wait he endured trying to get one. That was in march of this year. Damn I am going to miss him. We got to meet his son when he picked up the scope. RIP my good friend
 
That's what my buddy told me. A few of the people he knows are coming down Thursday night. A large KC group is coming also and a few people from Indy he knows. It's interesting to see what a sale like this brings around while also being kind of sad to think that the collection was someone's pride and joy and most people are just thinking about reselling or what kind of below market deal they can get.

I've been keeping my mouth shut about this on the public forums. But now, I must speak.

No one is getting in before the doors open. There has been no presale of anything posted in the ad.

Everything in the ad is going to be there when the door opens at noon on Saturday. Everyone and their brother has begged for a presale, and I have refused.

Mike's family and I have worked incredibly hard to prevent the cream of the crop from being skimmed off the top before people get there.
 
If priced remotely below market prices this will be a camp out type of event... I also wonder if David is considering presales on high dollar items.. Such as selling Mac system in advance...

David has considered many things. We're going to open the doors and see what falls. I'd rather the early bird get the worm, rather than someone make a back door deal.
 
Back
Top Bottom