• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

STA 2100 fully restored!

AnalogDigit

Realistic fan.
I finally finished my Realistic STA 2100 all cleaned and restored. It sound great. The tuner section is very sensitive, I can pick up weak FM stations with a dipole antenna long distances away. Thanks for the help Ultra-Hog for the manuals and Jhal for the knobs. AK is the best! I notice the STA 2100 is a little bass heavy then the Pioneer SX 950 that I have. I wonder if it's made that way for the Mach One speakers it was paired with?
 

Attachments

  • sta 2100 fully restored.jpg
    sta 2100 fully restored.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 79
  • sta 2100 in dark.jpg
    sta 2100 in dark.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 60
Register to hide this ad
Stunning looks. I'm a sucker for analog meters. And the lights! Gorgeous. :thmbsp:

In the beginning ... there was bass.

I remember growing up, there was that infatuation with boom-boomy bass. Reminiscent of old-time radio and jukeboxes. And it was even more important before subwoofers were common. Heck, people were just coming out of the dark ages of console stereos. Always played with tone controls. Bass masked the imperfect shrill sounds of imperfect systems. As tastes became more sophisticated, there was a movement for more accurate sound. Not like audiophiles today who eschew anything but the purest unprocessed sound.

Come to think of it, there's still a young generational infatuation with bass.

I think Radio Shack just built in a wide frequency range. Although some might say exaggerated. I remember my old STA-250 was very punchy compared to some of my later receivers. And I recently got an STA-77 and it sounds very warm and smooth. Almost old-time radio like. Yet they both sound very detailed in the mid and high frequencies.
 
Back
Top Bottom