• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stacking Minimus 7's?

tubeornotube

Well-Known Member
Has anyone here tried stacking Realistic Minimus 7's??

I have 4 pairs black,3 pairs silver and 2 pairs in walnut,all were g-sale or thrift finds..

i was planning to stack the four black pairs,either by placing them on their sides,stacked two high and tweeters inwards,or by placing two tweeter to tweeter,placed vertically on 2 others tweeter to tweeter...so four Minimus 7's per side..Will be wired series/parallel to preserve 8 ohm load..

Wondering if anyone has tried this and how they sounded in stacks?

thanks

tubeornotube
 
Register to hide this ad
Might be cool to brace them stacked but each at a slight angle to create a fan to expand the sound projection for lack of a better description, nine speakers with each stack four forward firing and two on the right and two on the left side of the center four and slightly angled outward and one angled slightly upward on top? Just a idea, good luck!
 
Last edited:
Stack them on their sides, tweeters towards the center, nine high.
Wire them together in threes in series then put those three sets into parallel to achieve an 8 ohm load.
 
I've run stacked M7s. Sounds OK.

I ran them on my desk until I discovered that a single pair of ADS 200s sounded better (IMO).
 
I know I read somewhere else on here..Minimus 7 line arrays..Cool.
Why not! I know the general "speaker" rules..but I also thought...what about a line array of HPM-100's.....Man I can see the burnin threads now.

Woofers....mids...tweeters...supertweeters.....maybe bright?..yet....maybe awesome.

What if you took the drivers of the HPM-100's and put them in their own towers......like the old infinities.....maybe crazy.


I don't know. Just a whimsical thought.

Wish I had some money to burn. Would be a kick.

Line arrays rock. I think that the only people who don't like line arrays are the ones who haven't heard them.

Oh well. Good times.!!
 
Has anyone here tried stacking Realistic Minimus 7's??

I have 4 pairs black,3 pairs silver and 2 pairs in walnut,all were g-sale or thrift finds..

i was planning to stack the four black pairs,either by placing them on their sides,stacked two high and tweeters inwards,or by placing two tweeter to tweeter,placed vertically on 2 others tweeter to tweeter...so four Minimus 7's per side..Will be wired series/parallel to preserve 8 ohm load..

Wondering if anyone has tried this and how they sounded in stacks?

thanks

tubeornotube


Do it! Tweeters on the inside, laying on their sides. I'm thinking you are going to buy more min 7's...That's why this hobby is so fun! :yes:
 
I'm working on the same project, 18 pair so far.
I am aiming for 25. Square numbers work to maintain impedance.
 
Since you have all of these, nothing wrong with playing around for a little fun. Personally never been a big fan of Minmus 7's, as have some in my bedroom morning wake up set up, and find them pretty average at best.
 
Back
Top Bottom