• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stanton 500 Cartidge under dome

StellarTV

New Member
Under dome??? :D Yep, under a dome. I'm hoping someone here can help me with this. I just picked up at an estate sale a gold colored Stanton 500 cartridge under a plastic dome with the Empire name imprinted on the plastic base. The cartridge appears to be unused, is marked with the Stanton 500. Any ideas on what this may be??????? Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I have the same one. Nothing with Empire written on it. I grabbed this photo from the Bay. I'm wondering what stylus to use for this one. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 24a3_1.JPG
    24a3_1.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 76
The one you show is entirely different from the one I have. This one is very boxy and square, not as streamlined. There are 4 prongs for the plug in.
 
If it says 500 on the body and the body is gold than assure as the pope is catholic you have a Stanton 500 the older one. Someone probably put it in the Empire case. A typical thing with estate sale items
 
The one you show is entirely different from the one I have. This one is very boxy and square, not as streamlined. There are 4 prongs for the plug in.

The one he pictured is mounted in a headshell.

If it says 500 on the body and the body is gold than assure as the pope is catholic you have a Stanton 500 the older one. Someone probably put it in the Empire case. A typical thing with estate sale items

Easy, secure storage for cartridges when swapping. I have an AT stuck in an Ortofon box right now...
 
Back
Top Bottom