• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stanton 681 or Ortofon 2M Red MM cartridge?

Cool. Just curious, what's the weight of the headshell you mounted your 2M Red to? I ordered a brand new 2M Red last nite.[/QUOTE

According to the seller, 7.26 grams. Link to his ebay page for it is here:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400155528457&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I like the headshell, very rigid and easy to mount the cartridge. The cool thing is that the old headshell with the AT cartridge is the exact same weight, so I can change cartridges in about 10 sec.
 
I use the 681 line at home as main daily cartridge. I like the old ones better than anything else for most records. And it's rugged, tracks superbly with the right stylus option, and consistent every day. I like it's superb, tuneful full bass, warm, lush midrange, and silky highs and musicality.
 
I use the 681 line at home as main daily cartridge. I like the old ones better than anything else for most records. And it's rugged, tracks superbly with the right stylus option, and consistent every day. I like it's superb, tuneful full bass, warm, lush midrange, and silky highs and musicality.


I couldn't said it any better myself :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom