• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

stepped adj. pots - Make before Break?

dogwan

Dogwan
I want to replace some crappy old variable resistance adjustment pots with a multi-position rotary switch using discrete resistors.

On a speaker crossover my instinct tells me this should be a shorting (or Make before Break) switch to protect the Mid and Tweeters. Am I correct?
 
Register to hide this ad
Don't bother. Schem. probably won't tell you. Besides, I'm not going to use a slide switch in this application.
 
AFAIK, the toggle switches used were regular switches, not make before break. IMO, that's not a big deal in a crossover though I wouldn't switch anything at high volumes. Usually people worry about make before break with stepped attenuators at line level, to avoid pops.
 
Back
Top Bottom