• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stereo Graphic Equalizer: How does it work?

"We're just down the road from Massanetta Springs, it's gorgeous here.
Whenever I get stressed by forum posting, I just look up from my laptop screen, and scan out over the valley..."


mercy, that is just beautiful, Fred..I judge that view to be from perhaps McGaheysville, or from south of there, over toward Port Republic? Either way, I cannot begin to describe the pangs of melancholy that photo provokes in me...I lived (in sin, haha) with my girlfriend, a JMU student, in one of the cabins on the hill above the old Massanetta Springs resort, rented from a preacher, haha.Bought all my books and records form Blue Mountain Books and Music, bought my first good stereo from Whitesel Music there in the center of old Harrisonburg...we left there and headed to DC in the winter of 77-78, looking for work, and for years I had friends that I used to visit on at least a monthly basis. Gradually sort of forgot the way down there, but in so many ways, the best years of my life were lived there around Harrisonburg, Va, in the Valley. Camping up in Hone Quarry, the view from Blue Knob, and can't forget swimming at Blue Hole...good thing I'm no longer a drinking man, I'd soon be blubbering, haha...thanks so much for that photo..I've saved it...can't stop looking at it....I stand by my earlier description of the Valley...
 
"We're just down the road from Massanetta Springs, it's gorgeous here.
Whenever I get stressed by forum posting, I just look up from my laptop screen, and scan out over the valley..."


mercy, that is just beautiful, Fred..I judge that view to be from perhaps McGaheysville, or from south of there, over toward Port Republic? Either way, I cannot begin to describe the pangs of melancholy that photo provokes in me...I lived (in sin, haha) with my girlfriend, a JMU student, in one of the cabins on the hill above the old Massanetta Springs resort, rented from a preacher, haha.Bought all my books and records form Blue Mountain Books and Music, bought my first good stereo from Whitesel Music there in the center of old Harrisonburg...we left there and headed to DC in the winter of 77-78, looking for work, and for years I had friends that I used to visit on at least a monthly basis. Gradually sort of forgot the way down there, but in so many ways, the best years of my life were lived there around Harrisonburg, Va, in the Valley. Camping up in Hone Quarry, the view from Blue Knob, and can't forget swimming at Blue Hole...good thing I'm no longer a drinking man, I'd soon be blubbering, haha...thanks so much for that photo..I've saved it...can't stop looking at it....I stand by my earlier description of the Valley...

Wow, you're good. Yep, the hill my house is on was a Confederate lookout point for the Cross Keys and Port Republic battles. We love it here. Let me know next time you head over this way, and feel free to PM me for more pics if you like.

Sorry for the thread hijacking...

je
 
Wow, you're good. Yep, the hill my house is on was a Confederate lookout point for the Cross Keys and Port Republic battles. We love it here. Let me know next time you head over this way, and feel free to PM me for more pics if you like.

Sorry for the thread hijacking...

je
hehe...you can take the boy out of the country...I recognized that view of the Massanutten range pretty well...back in the 70's I used to visit old Dr. Bill Fletcher at his place there in the Port Republic area, had to be very near your location. I remember helping him in his Civil War Era house and barn, and marveling every time we cut into those old Virginia Pine beams (which wasn't too often) and almost 130 years later, the smell of fresh cut wood would fill your nostrils...you have indeed found your own slice of heaven there, and thanks kindly for the invite to pass by, might just have to ease down that way one day before long...I can only imagine how sweet that impressive lineup of gear you have must sound in the sweet quiet of the Shenandoah Valley evening..:thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
hehe...you can take the boy out of the country...I recognized that view of the Massanutten range pretty well...back in the 70's I used to visit old Dr. Bill Fletcher at his place there in the Port Republic area, had to be very near your location. I remember helping him in his Civil War Era house and barn, and marveling every time we cut into those old Virginia Pine beams (which wasn't too often) and almost 130 years later, the smell of fresh cut wood would fill your nostrils...you have indeed found your own slice of heaven there, and thanks kindly for the invite to pass by, might just have to ease down that way one day before long...I can only imagine how sweet that impressive lineup of gear you have must sound in the sweet quiet of the Shenandoah Valley evening..:thmbsp:

Wow some more...my house was built by the Fletchers (Sam?), I'm often referred to in town as "that New Yorker that bought Old Man Fletcher's house". My house is built into a section of hillside they couldn't farm on, so they planted Virginia Pines as a lumber source. Very, very cool. :yes:

That view is the Blue Ridge, can't see Massanutten from here because I'm on the South East side of the hill. If I could see it, I could also get TV reception...:no:

je
 
Wow some more...my house was built by the Fletchers (Sam?), I'm often referred to in town as "that New Yorker that bought Old Man Fletcher's house". My house is built into a section of hillside they couldn't farm on, so they planted Virginia Pines as a lumber source. Very, very cool. :yes:

That view is the Blue Ridge, can't see Massanutten from here because I'm on the South East side of the hill. If I could see it, I could also get TV reception...:no:

je

Oops, I misspoke in my melancholy..the Blue Ridge..no wonder I recognized the view eh, lol...wow,small world, Old Bill and I were good friends,and I remember Sam! hehe she must be getting old, just like me...damn, my head is spinning with memories..I used to ride horses on your place 35 years ago, or more!! amazing!! I must come walk through that magnificent barn again, if nothing else! I'm thunderstruck, and quite pleased....:D
 
We're just down the road from Massanetta Springs, it's gorgeous here. :yes:

Whenever I get stressed by forum posting, I just look up from my laptop screen, and scan out over the valley...

attachment.php

Hi John.. Nice photo. Extra nice with all the rain we've been getting. I now know what John Denver sang about.
 
Back
Top Bottom