VAEngineer
New Member
Hello-
New to the vintage receiver sx-780 test/repair arena.
Acquired an sx-780 with a shorted Darlington STK0050.
Was looking at the replacement stk0050 from this thread- and the parts list/ebay item
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...lacement-for-sx-780-and-others.721181/page-44
and am not quite ready to test my very intermediate soldering skills on building them myself.
I noticed these units by Pyramid Audio of Austin Texas -
http://www.pyramid-audio.com/special.html
and I wonder if anyone has tried them out as a replacement for a blown STK0050? I emailed pyriamid audio and got a nice reply saying they would sell direct vs. ebay for a slight discount - and he had seen the open source version and the specs on his unit was simlar.
Not being a circuit board expert it looked quite different.
Anyway, thanks in advance. I will be posting soon about how to get my sx-780 running - as the relay does not click/make contact. I tested it with a dim bulb tester - and it was safe to power up and it lights up, fm stereo lights, etc. but no output, no click. thanks.
New to the vintage receiver sx-780 test/repair arena.
Acquired an sx-780 with a shorted Darlington STK0050.
Was looking at the replacement stk0050 from this thread- and the parts list/ebay item
https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...lacement-for-sx-780-and-others.721181/page-44
and am not quite ready to test my very intermediate soldering skills on building them myself.
I noticed these units by Pyramid Audio of Austin Texas -
http://www.pyramid-audio.com/special.html
and I wonder if anyone has tried them out as a replacement for a blown STK0050? I emailed pyriamid audio and got a nice reply saying they would sell direct vs. ebay for a slight discount - and he had seen the open source version and the specs on his unit was simlar.
Not being a circuit board expert it looked quite different.
Anyway, thanks in advance. I will be posting soon about how to get my sx-780 running - as the relay does not click/make contact. I tested it with a dim bulb tester - and it was safe to power up and it lights up, fm stereo lights, etc. but no output, no click. thanks.
Last edited by a moderator:

