• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stone Monitor Speaker Co. Interesting design. Any info?

Brett a

~◦●○o0o○●◦~
Hi all.

I picked these up at the flea market a couple weeks ago. They seemed to offer the purchase price worth of curiosity.

They were made in Leominster, MA

Stone Monitor Speaker Co. Inc.
Corner Stone Series
Model SMC/7


With all the drivers facing the listener indirectly, they sound understandably diffuse and bass-rich.

Anyone know anything about them or the company that made them?

Here's the front-view (I did nothing to clean them, BTW)
Grilles on:
attachment.php


Grilles off:
attachment.php


This was taken standing over the front. So the mid obviously points back at the rear wall and the tweeter fires over the listeners head
attachment.php


Rear. Note that this is where the bass driver and port are.


attachment.php


And even though they look like they might be vented on the bottom, they are sealed.
attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 010_Stone Speakers front grille.jpg
    010_Stone Speakers front grille.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 020_Stone Speakers front open.jpg
    020_Stone Speakers front open.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 030_Stone Speakers rear.jpg
    030_Stone Speakers rear.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 223
  • Stone Speakers laid down.jpg
    Stone Speakers laid down.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Stone Speakers front top.jpg
    Stone Speakers front top.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 223
Register to hide this ad
Kind of reminds me of some Green Mountain products
Huh. I hadn't heard of Green Mountain before.

I'm considering moving the drivers to the face to see what that does. Not sure they have enough value- monetary or otherwise- to preserve as original.
 
I have a set of these as well. I also have a smaller set that have larger drivers on top but none on the back. On top of this I have a matching center channel speaker that is from the same set. These were given to me by someone a while back. Unfortunately, mine are not the black version which are much better looking. To be honest, I like the sound of the smaller set better as they seem to have more bass.
 
Back
Top Bottom