• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Strange Fisher 800C

Jailtime

Standin' on a corner
OK, I'm all into noticing different varieties of Fisher tube receivers. Here's an 800C with a dial glass I have never seen before--http://cgi.ebay.com/Fisher-800-C-Tube-Radio-itsa-500-C-FM-Receiver-plus-AM_W0QQitemZ260564391533QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Electronics_R2?hash=item3caad9166d. There's a couple pics below, the first is the most common 800C variety, the second is the very rare "big numbers" dial. The one in the ebay link appears to have the dial glass from an 1800. Wonder if it is factory installed, or if an owner long ago changed the glass? :scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0160.jpg
    IMG_0160.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 49
  • large numbers 800C.jpg
    large numbers 800C.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 53
Register to hide this ad
What I think is that these are from the factory this way. I think that these were meant to be re-branded by another maker, this is why there is no fisher logo on the dial glass or it could be that these were made for a special contract. It could also be that these were sold at a cheaper rate. This is just my theory on why the dial is different. I think we'll never really know though
 
The one in the eBay link definitely has a dial glass from an 1800. (I have all three variations.). It wasn't uncommon for the factory to use up what stock pieces it had on hand when finishing up production runs, especially near the end of the model's life.
 
The one in the eBay link definitely has a dial glass from an 1800. (I have all three variations.). It wasn't uncommon for the factory to use up what stock pieces it had on hand when finishing up production runs, especially near the end of the model's life.

The 1800 was the very last variation of the 800C, correct? Seems a bit odd that a standard 800C would end up with an 1800 glass. I sure would like to see the 1800 and one of the rare 800C models. Are you going to be at AK fest?
 
The 1800 was the very last variation of the 800C, correct? Seems a bit odd that a standard 800C would end up with an 1800 glass. I sure would like to see the 1800 and one of the rare 800C models. Are you going to be at AK fest?

Here ya go JT.
 

Attachments

  • rec30.jpg
    rec30.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom