• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Streamer Question

Condorsat

Audio Enthusiast
Background: I've got Wi-Fi in addition to in-house ethernet cable in my home. For many years I've been using a Laptop (connected to ethernet) > usb cable > DAC > 2.1 ch stereo for streaming Tidal.

In the future .. if I buy a streamer (something like Bluesound Node 2i for example) ... can I hook up ethernet to streamer .. use Laptop (after downloading app) to control streamer (via Wi-Fi) ... RCA out streamer to 2.1 ch integrated amp and thus avoid the need for USB cable in the mix?

Anybody ever tried this before?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I am not an expert on the Bluesound Node 2i but I think that is exactly how you would set it up because the Node 2i has its own built in DAC.
 
Back
Top Bottom