• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stromberg Carlson

koolBreeze

New Member
I have Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 working great, I will need to replace the tubes. I need help the print on the tubes is worn off and would appreciated if someone can tell me the tubes I need. I would like to replace them all. Thank you in advance
 
Register to hide this ad
I have Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 working great, I will need to replace the tubes. I need help the print on the tubes is worn off and would appreciated if someone can tell me the tubes I need. I would like to replace them all. Thank you in advance
Have you googled it?
 
"I have Stromberg Carlson ASR-120 working great, I will need to replace the tubes... I would like to replace them all."

If it's working great why do you "need" to replace all of the tubes?
 
Last edited:
schematic


7199 are the small tubes, 7408 are the outputs. Rectifier is a 6CA4.

7408 is a 6V6GT


Why do you think it needs new tubes ?

Actually, the 7408 is a 6V6GTA. The "A" suffix is important, as it needs to be able to handle the over-350V B+ voltage in some amps.

That said- in this case- the plate voltage on the output tube on the ASR120 is only 315V, and there's 17.5V on the cathode, meaning only about 298V DC across the tube. Regular 6V6GTs should work fine- this time.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
They aren't really rated differently, its a difference between design center and design max systems. 315v design center is the same as 350 design max.
 
Back
Top Bottom