• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Stupid question about new sleeves and cleaning stuff!

mykenytemare

Active Member
I just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

I just acquired an old Discwasher Disckit with some brushes, fluid, and a zerostat gun. I also was able to borrow a Nitty Gritty cleaner from a co-worker.

Now, if I am going to go to the trouble to clean and anti-static my records, what should I put them back into when I am done? Should I get a carbon fiber brush to keep static to a minimum after playing records and in between cleanings?

I see some places sell paper sleeves, poly-lined sleeves, Diskeeper Ultimate Audiophile Inner Sleeves, MOFI rice paper sleeves.....what should I get to replace all of the ratty inner sleeves and help the newly cleaned and static free records stay that way???

I don't expect to keep the vinyl perfect, but it would be nice to not have to clean a record (and my stylus) each time I play one!
 
Register to hide this ad
A CF brush is a good idea. I use audioquest but there are others which are fine. The inner sleeve is good for a clean record - I use MOFI but there are several good choices. Especially for those records which still have a nice cover, you may wish to purchase some outer sleeves as well. It's not necessary by any means.
I actually would recommend cleaning your stylus with each record played. Look up magic eraser on here. It's cheap and quick and easy to use....oh, and it does a good job too! :)
 
I use the paper sleeves from bagsunlimited (cheap and well made). Why put on dirty clothes after a shower...right??

James R.
 
Protect LPs

You will need inner and outer sleeves to protect your LPs and I can highly recommend Sleeve City. They have an excellent selection of sleeves in all price ranges and excellent customer service.
 
I tried the Ultimate Outer 5.0 from sleeve city and loved it so much that I ordered another 100, and I'm eventually going to re-sleeve my entire collection with them. They're thick and sturdy, you can easily fit any size record in them, and, best of all, they're crystal clear.
 
Back
Top Bottom