• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sub Woofer & Speaker Selector?

bobdrob

New Member
Please forgive me If this has been asked before, but I am a wanderer in the audio wilderness...
I've got a Mac pre-amp & power amp set-up. The audio signal goes into a Niles Speaker Selector gizmo. THAT audio out goes to the 5 prs of speakers throughout the house. In my main listening room, I have KLH 5's & a pr of Klipsch Heresy. I would like a little more bass added in this room.I'm ready to buy a sub-woofer & need a recommendation or 2 . Part B of the post: can I just add the Sub-woof o to the speaker selector as if it were just another pair of speakers? Alll suggestions & advice is appreciated. thanks & regards, bob.
 

Attachments

  • 20230503_183615.jpg
    20230503_183615.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 4
Register to hide this ad
There are many ways to connect a sub woofer but I will just give you my personal opinion on the matter at hand.

With a powered sub woofer which has speaker level inputs, just run extra wires from your speakers in your main listening room to the sub woofers speaker level inputs. That's it!

The sub woofer should work with your main listening room speakers only.
 
Back
Top Bottom