thedelihaus
Nocturnal transmissions
Have the chance to get a pair of bullnose Large Advents.
I'm considering using these nice cabinets as a subwoofer enclosure.
The Advent used a 10" driver in a 12" frame, so looks like I can use a 12" driver. Frame is 12 3/8" - to perhaps 12 1/2", does anyone have exact stock woofer frame size?
I'm not 100% sure of the Large Advent cabinet volume- but I'm guessing around 2 cubic feet. Does that sound right to you guys?
I'd prefer a sealed cabinet over ported.
I'd like to keep it an 8 ohm impedance.
I'll also be running a pair, and would use an active crossover designed specifically for subwoofers.
Will I need to add any type of internal crossover at all? Or just add the driver and polyfill, block the tweeter hole, and hook it up to the external active crossover and amp? Am I missing anything?
Again- goal is to use a Large Advent box, preferred to be sealed, 8 ohm load.
Here's a few drivers I'm considering so far...
I'm considering using these nice cabinets as a subwoofer enclosure.
The Advent used a 10" driver in a 12" frame, so looks like I can use a 12" driver. Frame is 12 3/8" - to perhaps 12 1/2", does anyone have exact stock woofer frame size?
I'm not 100% sure of the Large Advent cabinet volume- but I'm guessing around 2 cubic feet. Does that sound right to you guys?
I'd prefer a sealed cabinet over ported.
I'd like to keep it an 8 ohm impedance.
I'll also be running a pair, and would use an active crossover designed specifically for subwoofers.
Will I need to add any type of internal crossover at all? Or just add the driver and polyfill, block the tweeter hole, and hook it up to the external active crossover and amp? Am I missing anything?
Again- goal is to use a Large Advent box, preferred to be sealed, 8 ohm load.
Here's a few drivers I'm considering so far...
Last edited: