• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

suffering the worst illness an audio enthusiast could hav

mike hatt

wallowing in sound
sinus infection! Omg, i dont really care that im sick, what i care about is that my hearing is all mushed up and musted, and worst of all unballanced! I just three days ago redid my whole system and never got a chance to listen with full good hearing..lol i know it sounds trivial to most, but i bet not to you guys! I want to use something to clean out my sinuses but will wait till the doctor apointment tomorrow before doing anything.

Whats the worst illness or injury you've had thats greatly effected your audio enjoyment.
 
Register to hide this ad
The same crap you have right now. Usually it's ears, nose, and throat all at the same time. I'm lucky like that. Hope you get over it soon!
 
Pierced ear drum ( can't fix that ) and tinitus ( constant ringing 24/7 )! I would give a king's ransom to just have normal hearing conditions for just one night, just one!
 
The first time I had my head screwed up like that I spent about a half hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my system.....It sucks man....sorry pal.
 
At least it will go away sooner or later!

Great timing! Just when you reconfigure everything the ol' sinuses act up. However, I really feel for dogscanskate! Tinitus doesn't go away. If I had that problem I'm not sure what I'd do....probably start robbing banks or something really anti-social. Bad cheese, man. Bad cheese. I hope you somehow recover, dog.

My neighbor has the same affliction. It's one reason I can blast my system to 120 dB's and get no complaints.

Rick
 
Those suck. I used to get those all the time until I finally had sinus surgery. Now I almost never get them. A good deconjestant is just as important (if not even more so) to get over these infections as is an anti-biotic (which may not even work for you, depending upon how resistant this infection is).
 
I had sinus infections non stop for the first 18 years of my life. If I didn't swim everyday I don't know how I could have made it. Swimming was my only form of drainage since my septum was so messed up.

Get better soon. My last one 2 years ago almost killed me when I was miss diagnosed.
 
Similar to yours, sometimes my allergies cause my ears to plug up. They have lots of very effective meds for sinus infections, and they work fast. You'll be back to normal in no time!
 
Tinnitus. Sucks. Fortunately, now that I'm being treated for allergies, it seems to be going away, so maybe it's allergy-related.
 
Same thing here. I had to wait 3 weeks till I could see the doc.Went today and he wrote out a bunch of scripts. Dont wait to see the doc. There are some very nasties going around.
 
We are such a cool unusual group.
Tryng to tell a non audiophile what really bothers you about not having your ears right.
About every year my ears clog up for about a week ...and I am one miserable sob. A little discomfort. can't hear my own voice is one thing. Can't listen to my music..misery ha!
 
I am just getting over the same thing. I tried to listen to music on my system about 8 ago and shut it off after about 5 minutes. It was a waste of electricity. I resumed listening again last night.

One you start to get things loosened up and things begin to move, go to a local Sushi place and get a blob of Wasabi. Take about a nickel sized blob and that will open things up. Guaranteed!!!! (4 ! means I means it):yes:

I hope you get well quickly. It does suck.
 
I've got the tinnitus thing going on too, and yes it does suck. The worst of it is that I can't tolerate loud sounds at all. I now constantly listen to music at waiting room volume so as to not make it ring louder. The downside to this is that often music just isn't loud enough to sound properly detailed just because the amp is cut so far back. I always end up re-adjusting tone controls and stuff when I do turn it up enough to be properly heard. I also find that I pretty much always have to keep something playing softly so I don't pick up the ringing quite so much. Usually thats not a problem but just having some pure silence for a while would be nice.
 
Same here too, nose spray before listening to the stereo is the best I can do. It helps a bit.
 
my sinuses would act up ever once in a while and i used to use nose spray. i stopped when i found something better: salt water! just a snort or 2 a day and my sinuses were clear. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom