• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Suggestions and answers on MTS speakers. Model 2012.

DriedMango

New Member
I was given a pair of MTS speakers. The model number is 2012. I was wondering if anyone has heard of them and if they are a reputable company?

The one woofer has started to make a rattling sound. Doesn’t seem to be ripped or Damaged in any kind (pic). I don’t want to go through the trouble of trying to fix it so I was wanting to replace it. The current woofer is 12 inch’s and the speaker is 110 watts.

what are some websites and or brands that would have or be a good replacement? Doesn’t have to be an exact replacement. opinions on goldwood speakers? Eminence speakers?
 

Attachments

  • 502EED5E-CEEF-4AAA-85CC-4178665F40FE.jpeg
    502EED5E-CEEF-4AAA-85CC-4178665F40FE.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 33
Register to hide this ad
Make sure the woofer is screwed down securely. If it is then you might try taking it out and putting it back in with a 180 degree rotation.
 
A quick Google search reveals that they might be "white van" speakers. But at least they have a dome tweeter. Have you looked inside them to see if they have any stuffing in them? How do you think they sound?
 
A quick Google search reveals that they might be "white van" speakers. But at least they have a dome tweeter. Have you looked inside them to see if they have any stuffing in them? How do you think they sound?
I seen that. But I’m not sure what “white van speakers” mean? That’s why I wanted to ask if people have dealt with them.
 
I seen that. But I’m not sure what “white van speakers” mean? That’s why I wanted to ask if people have dealt with them.
I have listened to them. They do sound good. Not the best by any means. There is one price of stuffing lining the back part of the speaker
 
You should try to figure out exactly what the rattle is... If it is the woofer then maybe a cheap replacement with similar specs is in order...
 
Goldwood makes decent speakers but you would want to match the sensitivity as best as possible...
Is there a way to measure or learn the sensitivity of a speaker? My friend was talking about this to me but most websites talk about what it is and that you need a certain microphone to find the sensitivity. I will continue my research but if you or anyone knows a quick way to get the sensitivity that would be great.
 
You should try to figure out exactly what the rattle is... If it is the woofer then maybe a cheap replacement with similar specs is in order...
it is the woofer, I unscrewed it and took it out for further inspection to see if the cone was damaged but then herd something rattling around inside and figured it was a bigger issue. I was never really pleased with the bass in the beginning so I am good to replace them.
 
it is the woofer, I unscrewed it and took it out for further inspection to see if the cone was damaged but then herd something rattling around inside and figured it was a bigger issue. I was never really pleased with the bass in the beginning so I am good to replace them.

You heard something rattling around inside the woofer? That seems a bit odd.

If you are intent on replacing the woofer then will you replace both of them at the same time? Parts Express probably has what you need and I would go with something cheap and decent if you go that route.
 
Back
Top Bottom