• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Summer 2017 New England FrankenFest - June 24th in Clinton MA

Thanks for a great day of conversation and music. It is seldom I get out, and this event is always a highlight. Thank you Frank for all the time and effort you have put in, and I hope the Altecs end up where they will be appreciated. Always enjoyed them. Jim, thanks for the time and effort, and for the T-shirts. Design is fantastic, and the thought of giving back to Kegger and AK is also awesome.
Thanks to everyone.
 
Hey, Me and Jamal got blocked out of the group picture by that damn Jim guy!!!!!!!!! LOL.
 
I can only repeat what has already been said, but yet another great fest!
Thank you Frank. The shop is like a home away from home. It just feels good being there with everyone.
Thanks Jim for your efforts getting the shirts done and look forward to the next Feankenfest, where ever it ends up being.
Cheers to all!
 
I had a great time chatting with my everyone today. Thanks to Frank for hosting!!! Thanks Jim for organizing and for the great t-shirts. It was a great day of audiokarma!!!
 
Sorry i didn't make it guys. Wife was very informative that we had 3 engagements the night before. Only made it to 2. I will definitely try to make it to the next gathering. I have been hard at work on my new projects and hope to share them with everyone soon. Any more photos?
 
Boy, that was fun! :) Thanks once again to Frank for putting up with us, and to everyone who made it a great meet as always. Wish I'd been able to bring my Mc gear for show-and-tell; hopefully, the venue we set up at in the future will have more room for stuff like that, so I'll be able to dazzle you with the MI-3 o'scope pictured earlier in the thread. Special thanks to Bill (spikedart) for donating that Zenith TransOceanic to me; it should be fun to restore! :bowdown:
-Adam
 
Sorry i didn't make it guys. Wife was very informative that we had 3 engagements the night before. Only made it to 2. I will definitely try to make it to the next gathering. I have been hard at work on my new projects and hope to share them with everyone soon. Any more photos?
I'll post a few more in a bit.
 
Fantastic time as usual!

Special thanks to Frank for being the host with the most yet again, and for so many years.

Special thanks also to Jim for the organizing, planning, shirts, and thoughtfulness.

Special thanks also to Steph and Dan for thinking of Don on his birthday and setting up the card and photo.

We have a great group of people in our midst! I'm proud and humbled to be a part of it.

Cheers
Baco
 
A hot Saturday...spent with some of the nicest folks in New England. I'll miss that ol' factory, and the beautiful drive to Clinton. Big thanks to Frank for the years of trust (letting 100's of people mill around expensive equipment) and hospitality, and to Jim for the kick-ass shirt (why didn't I order two?), and to all the folks who bring snacks, beer, and tons of cool stuff for sale. Lovin' my new Sansui amp, Ohm Walsh speakers, and my other treasures...
 
Thanks to Frank, as always. I was there early, and it was very warm. Really enjoyed the ADS speaker demo in the basement. They Sounded great.The speakers set up at the end of the upstairs hallway were Whaferdale W3s, I believe (someone had a question in the last thread). Looked amazing - very mid-century modern. Don't know much about them.

index.php
 
Thanks to Frank, as always. I was there early, and it was very warm. Really enjoyed the ADS speaker demo in the basement. They Sounded great.The speakers set up at the end of the upstairs hallway were Whaferdale W3s, I believe (someone had a question in the last thread). Looked amazing - very mid-century modern. Don't know much about them.

index.php

Yes, that was me and those were what I was asking about. Very cool looking. I believe it was the father and daughter there who bought them.
 
Yes, that was me and those were what I was asking about. Very cool looking. I believe it was the father and daughter there who bought them.

I didn't see an asking price and didn't look for one, as I probably would have bought them if they were priced right. And my wife would not have been pleased with an addition to the pile. They weren't the kind of size I could sneak past her.

Anybody know the asking price and condition?
 
No idea on asking price but condition looked pretty good.

And yes, the big ADSs sounded great. So great that I want to spend money.
 
No idea on asking price but condition looked pretty good.

And yes, the big ADSs sounded great. So great that I want to spend money.
Glad some of you got to hear the ADS's. I enjoyed demoing them. The L980's are impressive and they are not a model you get to hear often. There's plenty of ADSs around being they were a New England company, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like!

Glenn
 
The Wharfedales were the W3 model. Three way with an upwards firing tweeter. Nothing below 70 Hz, but they had a very nice, open sound. They sounded really good with vocals like the singer was in the same room.
 
FRANK! Sad to hear this is the last Frank fest, and sad I've been out of new England for the last 4 years, but I'm EXTREMELY happy with the memories from all past ones...

Damn. I miss you guys :) fire up some open Baffles for me!

I remember those big old 12' open baffles on a board at Frank's house, in his living room during the serious downpour. My first fest, won't be the last.
 
I didn't see an asking price and didn't look for one, as I probably would have bought them if they were priced right. And my wife would not have been pleased with an addition to the pile. They weren't the kind of size I could sneak past her.

Anybody know the asking price and condition?
Not a father and daughter...it was a pair of co-workers, I believe. The young girl is completing a vintage system, and needed to pair some cool speakers with her tube amp (which she bought at a AK Meet last year). I think the asking price was $140. They were, in fact, absolutely beautiful Wharfedales....
 
Glad some of you got to hear the ADS's. I enjoyed demoing them. The L980's are impressive and they are not a model you get to hear often. There's plenty of ADSs around being they were a New England company, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like!

Glenn
Glenn- it was great meeting you, and hearing your wonderful ADS's. I am sorry I could not stay long, as my diabetes started acting up- had a very low blood sugar. Ended up finding a bunch of 8-Tracks at a thrift shop in Leominster on the way home. Additionally, your demo inspired me to get my L810's off the floor, and angled. The difference truly was night and day. Anyways, glad I made the last FrankenFest at the old building. I used to live in Clinton, and am less than 10 miles from this location! -Arthur
 
Back
Top Bottom