Joris Ceoen
New Member
So, I’m having a very specific situation that I don’t find the exact answer for, so here it goes:
I have recently acquired a pair of KEF R3’s, R11’s and a R2c. The 11’s run on an integrated Yamaha A-S1100 and soon I’ll have the Yamaha RX-A4A receiver. Both will be connected through the Pre-OUT and Main-IN. That’s the whole setup.
However, upon installing the R3’s and setting them on the stands, they seem to take up a good chunk of the living room.
I’ve had the idea to setup a system where I could decouple the R3’s from their cables to move them away to make more room when required (I would have the stands on a rolling platform). I would put an easy clicking system with banana plugs or something like that to quickly decouple the cables.
However, upon browsing the internet there seems to be commotion about running your amp with only speaker cables attached but no speakers connected (aka the load being infinite or something).
My question: will it fry my receiver and/or integrated amp if I have one set of rear speakers detached from their cables whilst running movies or sound through the system and the other speakers?
If yes, does there exist an easy way to solve this, or is it best if I just bite the bullet and adapt to them standing there permanently?
I have recently acquired a pair of KEF R3’s, R11’s and a R2c. The 11’s run on an integrated Yamaha A-S1100 and soon I’ll have the Yamaha RX-A4A receiver. Both will be connected through the Pre-OUT and Main-IN. That’s the whole setup.
However, upon installing the R3’s and setting them on the stands, they seem to take up a good chunk of the living room.
I’ve had the idea to setup a system where I could decouple the R3’s from their cables to move them away to make more room when required (I would have the stands on a rolling platform). I would put an easy clicking system with banana plugs or something like that to quickly decouple the cables.
However, upon browsing the internet there seems to be commotion about running your amp with only speaker cables attached but no speakers connected (aka the load being infinite or something).
My question: will it fry my receiver and/or integrated amp if I have one set of rear speakers detached from their cables whilst running movies or sound through the system and the other speakers?
If yes, does there exist an easy way to solve this, or is it best if I just bite the bullet and adapt to them standing there permanently?