• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Swap A NAD 7125 For A Phillips 7841?

Theophilus Punoval

The Queen says it's OK...
I have an offer to swap a NAD 7125 for a Phillips 7841.

The tech to whom I bring units - sorry, when I visit my retired schoolteacher mother she gives me an earful on using proper grammar - says the NAD is a, quote, "superb sounding receiver". I have no knowledge about the Phillips, Both receivers are in VG cosmetic condition.

Does anyone know about Phillips equipment? I'd like to get specs, years this particular receiver was sold etc plus some general info on Phillips gear. Since the guy really wants the NAD and he's a great guy I'm going to do the deal. He wouldn't screw me so I'm thinking this isn't way out of line, but would like to know where I'm heading.
 
Register to hide this ad
I wouldn't trade a nad for a philips (unless it was one of their more spectacular, under the radar, units).
 
I wouldn't trade. NAD used loosely regulated power supplies with an ability to put out substantially more than their rated power.
 
The guy's a friend of mine, so I don't really worry about an "uneven" swap. He'll do something for me down the road. I think the Phillips will do for the bedroom, and I'm not really nuts about the NAD.
 
that philips line is underated.they are actually a nice sounding receiver and will work great for a bedroom system.that series of receivers is from the high fidelity line which included the more famous 572 amp 683 tuner and the preamp.
 
Back
Top Bottom