TheOnlyGirl
New Member
I've received an offer to swap some Magnat Mp-02 Plasma Tweeters for my Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano floorstanders.
Any advice? I'm unsure of lifespan / repair matters concerning plasma tweeters.
They're coming from a good home, which is quite reassuring for me. I'm just not sure about market value and maintenance at this point.
That being said, the Sonus Fabers, as beautifully made as they are, are a little laid back for me.
Would be nice to hear some feedback from experienced users.
I'm thinking of pairing the tweeters with some full range speakers (Tannoy HPD-385? Can acquire, have some smaller Peerless full rangers sitting here that I'm also keen to try out). I'd put my Osborn Acoustics T-15 15" sub in the middle. Have a Martin Logan Theater i centre speaker too,which could work with Trifield nicely.
EDIT: Should add that one alternative is putting the Sonus Fabers on consignment and using the electrostatic panels from some Martin Logan Script i speakers I currently own for the HF section in a similar configuration as per above. That being said, the market is very slow here right now in the 1000+ range...
Any advice? I'm unsure of lifespan / repair matters concerning plasma tweeters.
They're coming from a good home, which is quite reassuring for me. I'm just not sure about market value and maintenance at this point.
That being said, the Sonus Fabers, as beautifully made as they are, are a little laid back for me.
Would be nice to hear some feedback from experienced users.
I'm thinking of pairing the tweeters with some full range speakers (Tannoy HPD-385? Can acquire, have some smaller Peerless full rangers sitting here that I'm also keen to try out). I'd put my Osborn Acoustics T-15 15" sub in the middle. Have a Martin Logan Theater i centre speaker too,which could work with Trifield nicely.
EDIT: Should add that one alternative is putting the Sonus Fabers on consignment and using the electrostatic panels from some Martin Logan Script i speakers I currently own for the HF section in a similar configuration as per above. That being said, the market is very slow here right now in the 1000+ range...
Last edited: