• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Swapping arms and armboards between AR the Turntable and EB101?

davelarz

Well-Known Member
Hello all - AR specific question here. I have an AR the Turntable and I think I'm going to buy an EB101 (later U.S. made EB101 with the crescent shaped armboard). The AR the TT has a Linn Basik LVX on it and the EB101 has an SME M2-9 (one of the big reasons for my wanting it). What I'm wondering is this: If I wanted to take the SME M2-9 off the EB101 and put it on the AR the TT and then put the Basik LVX on the EB101 would that be as simple as swapping the armboards? I suppose it will be an easy measurement once I have both tables in house but it may be a few weeks before I get the EB101 and I'm curious to know, like, now. Thanks in advance for any info.
 
Register to hide this ad
Hello all - AR specific question here. I have an AR the Turntable and I think I'm going to buy an EB101 (later U.S. made EB101 with the crescent shaped armboard). The AR the TT has a Linn Basik LVX on it and the EB101 has an SME M2-9 (one of the big reasons for my wanting it). What I'm wondering is this: If I wanted to take the SME M2-9 off the EB101 and put it on the AR the TT and then put the Basik LVX on the EB101 would that be as simple as swapping the armboards? I suppose it will be an easy measurement once I have both tables in house but it may be a few weeks before I get the EB101 and I'm curious to know, like, now. Thanks in advance for any info.
four allen head bolts in each.........swap as you please. remember that cable dressing is part of the suspension on those tables. the only difference between the two tables is the shape of the base, all parts will swap.
 
Thanks Marc - I was hoping you’d answer. I was considering the swap just because the hurst I have in the AR the TT is utterly silent (the one in the EB is quiet but not silent) and I’m a little more partial to its aesthetics over the EB (for some reason I really dug that tiny orange LED). Is there any real difference between the two as far as performance is concerned?
 
Thanks Marc - I was hoping you’d answer. I was considering the swap just because the hurst I have in the AR the TT is utterly silent (the one in the EB is quiet but not silent) and I’m a little more partial to its aesthetics over the EB (for some reason I really dug that tiny orange LED). Is there any real difference between the two as far as performance is concerned?
none...............shape of the base doesn't influence anything. Does the EB101 have a haydon or airpax motor?
 
No - also has a hurst. And was worked on by Dave at VN, upgraded outer platter and springs, which I was also thinking of swapping although maybe this is a bad idea. Or maybe I should put my AR the TT hurst in the EB. (This EB was once owned by Anthony Scillia... don’t honestly know why I’m considering any of this swapping out other than the fact that I sort of prefer the look of the AR the TT - orange light! - and the motor in it is so quiet)
 
No - also has a hurst. And was worked on by Dave at VN, upgraded outer platter and springs, which I was also thinking of swapping although maybe this is a bad idea. Or maybe I should put my AR the TT hurst in the EB. (This EB was once owned by Anthony Scillia... don’t honestly know why I’m considering any of this swapping out other than the fact that I sort of prefer the look of the AR the TT - orange light! - and the motor in it is so quiet)


there was a period of production run on hurst motors that sounded like weed whackers..... thinking 04 and on for a few years.
 
Back
Top Bottom