• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sweet Silver: MPLS CL

electronjohn

Plug it in & see!!
Subscriber
Quite a bunch of silver stuff on the Minneapolis CL...much of it from the same guy (somewhat pricey...but he seems to know what he's doing)
SX-750
SX-880
SX-1010
Sansui 9090
Sansuit G-8000

Take a look at the MCS stack offered by the guy in Rosemount, too.
Too much to post links...just search vintage in electronics on Mpls CL.
Not mine...but damn I'd like that 1010 or G-8000!
 
Register to hide this ad
Not mine, not sure if it's pricey....

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/2184345757.html

This is a very rare 1949 Model 504 PR hi-fi system including AM/FM radio and turntable made by Capehart, a high end electronics firm of that era. Capehart systems and parts are exceptionally collectible - one Capehart speaker of this era sold recently on ebay for $2000, another sold for $360, and an amp unit is going for about $360 right now. This is an all tube system including 11 tubes made by Ken-Rad, Tung-Sol, RCA, Raytheon and Sylvania. All tubes light up but there is no sound through the speaker. The turntable plays 33, 45 and 78 rpm records and it works but needs a stylus. Capehart was well known for their high quality cabinet building and this one is no exception. The cabinet is in very good condition and completely intact, and could easily be restored. If you want only the very clean components and not the cabinet I'll be glad to help you remove the components and I will take care of the cabinet. You really will not find a cleaner system and components than this one. I'm hoping to find a good home for it here so I don't have to pack up and ship the pieces on multiple ebay sales. This model originally included a roundscreen television which is not available. Can deliver if needed.
 

Attachments

  • capeheart.jpg
    capeheart.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 15
  • capeheart2.jpg
    capeheart2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 14
  • capeheart3.jpg
    capeheart3.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 14
  • capeheart4.jpg
    capeheart4.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The MCS stack on CL is the guy next door to me. I actually had it on here a month ago for him. If any AK'ers want it, I can get it REAL cheap. Like a couple cases of High Life cheap.
 
I actually know the guy who sold the Western Electric speakers and amps for what the seller is claiming. Some of the old capehart's had WE speakers in them, although I don't think this model has those.
 
Back
Top Bottom