• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-1250 BOM

satellite65

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I'm about to begin a full restoration of my SX-1250.

I did an hour or so of searching on AK, I'm hoping to find out if I have found the latest BOM that has been posted here. The Pioneer recap list thread took me to mattsd's Pioneer SX-1250 recap and restoration thread from 2012. His BOM in post 6 indicates that it was last updated in October 2017.

Scrolling thru the other pages I found a BOM from MTF which was posted in 2013 and last edited in 2020.

Can anyone comment on the BOMs listed above, and/or have a more recent version of the BOM?
I expect that availability of components will be an issue due to obsolescence and recent supply chain issues, so the more recent of a BOM can find, the less I'll have to dig for alternate parts.

TIA,
Paul

20211025_115835.jpg 20211025_120536.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
...well the way it's looking now, I won't be able to get parts for this until at least late January, if I order now.

First 10 parts on MTFs awr-106 list are all on BO until mid January.
11th part is obsolete.
12th part is EOL, with only a few left in stock.
Too much bad news... had to stop looking.

Now I'm sorry that I started taking it apart today. Looks like it will be in pieces for months...
Maybe I should put it back together and wait until the supply chain catches up.
Too much of a PITA to chase alternates for all of the presently unavailable parts.
No reason to believe that parts will become available at or anywhere near the estimated re-stock dates anyway.
 
It is quiet the job these days sourcing parts. I’d suggest to get the parts together first, but that could take time and some homework and juggling
 
It is do-able but like rcs16 said, it may take some time and effort now. Rcs16, I just got the new boards in from you (091, 106) and all the components and just started on the 091 yesterday. Very well made and put together! Thanks man!
 
Not much more than half of the BOM was available from Mouser. I had some of the BO parts in my stock, and chugged thru the rest line by line and found alternates from Mouser, except for a few things I bought on eBay.

I was hoping to change the main caps also, but the cheapest I can find would cost $200 with tax and shipping. Got them for less than half that price a few years ago... Anyone have a less expensive source for them?
 
Yeah, those 22000uF 80V caps have shot up in price. There's a guy on eBay selling them and he's a trusted source here on AK..goes by the name of "peace, love, music". He's selling the set of 4 replacements for $149 I think, and $15 for shipping. They are 100V versions..exact fit, drop in, United Chemi-Con. You just have to enlarge the holes in the original terminal ends to accommodate the slightly bigger bolts that come with them. I've ordered quite a few parts from him..great service and he ships very fast. He doesn't mess with junk either. That's the best deal I've found out there on the net so far for those.
 
Also, I think I've read somewhere that United Chemi-Con is fazing those caps out...if so, we'd better get them while the getting is good, regardless of the price.
 
Yeah, those 22000uF 80V caps have shot up in price. There's a guy on eBay selling them and he's a trusted source here on AK..goes by the name of "peace, love, music". He's selling the set of 4 replacements for $149 I think, and $15 for shipping. They are 100V versions..exact fit, drop in, United Chemi-Con. You just have to enlarge the holes in the original terminal ends to accommodate the slightly bigger bolts that come with them. I've ordered quite a few parts from him..great service and he ships very fast. He doesn't mess with junk either. That's the best deal I've found out there on the net so far for those.

Thanks,
Not much less with shipping and tax, but I went ahead and ordered a set.
 
Back
Top Bottom