• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-1250 in "very good condition" but is scratched up and missing knobs

Yes I can.

I can make her sing beautifully again .Sometimes it takes awhile but usually the power regulator is where the trouble is.This one also probably has leaking main capacitors.
 
You got a pretty good deal.
I'm crossing my fingers on the shipping for you!
Maybe you could give Ma & Pa Hudson some pointers on packing.
 
I bought a monster and the seller went to a UPS store. I thought great, I'm going to get a professional job, until I got the bill. IMO, UPS shipping store operaters charge an arm and a leg for what they do. They mark up everything including their labor, boxes, bubble wrap, etc. And they mark up the shipping rates as well, you are not getting the "counter" rate. About the only upside for this added expense is an insurance claim will be a slam dunk because the shipping material will be brand new and the packing done by "professionals". BTW, I had a SX-1980 UPS Store shipped to me double boxed. The packing job was only OK, the boxes were relatively thin for the size. It did get to me undamaged...
 
If anyone can get a SX 1250 into presentable and excellent running condition, it wll be Roger. I have 2 Sx 1250's from him and they are nice, he was also able to redo both my Sx 1280's.
 
Rstsgas,

One thing is to get that 1250 singing again - I know I couldn't do it, but there are people that do that sort of thing. But if you can restore that faceplate, you're a pure genius!

Best of luck!

Rgds,
 
I guess Pioneer's excellent practice of stamping out the lettering on their higher end units will make it somewhat easier for you to refinish the face plate: On a silk-screened unit, any front refinishing woul be much more difficult, right?

Rgds,
 
Back
Top Bottom