• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-1250 on Agon $275

Register to hide this ad
It's the condition - rated 4/10..
The photos look better than that, but they could be deceiving with PhotoShop/iPhoto available to almost anyone.
 
It's the condition - rated 4/10..
The photos look better than that, but they could be deceiving with PhotoShop/iPhoto available to almost anyone.

I woudn't think someone would rate it at 4/10 and then photochop the pics, but you never know. Audiogon's rating system is pretty strick and I do see some deep scraches on the faceplate in the photos, but it still looks pretty good. For $275 if I lived in the area, I'd arrange a look see.

Phil
 
Last edited:
Very tempting and very close. If only I still had a SX-xx50 antenna. Anyways, the 4 out of 10 rating is understandable. There are broken and missing parts. The interconnects are not original.
 
The interconnects are not original.

Sam, why do you say that the interconnects are not original? They look factory to me based on the couple I've seen in person. Thanks, just trying to learn as much as I can about this crazy a$$ hobby.
 
If by "interconnects" he means the jumpers between Pre-out and Main-in, those in the pics are NOT original. They're some kind of generic after-market ones. I can't get behind my SX-1250 right now to look, but if memory serves me correctly, the original ones were just slightly squared-off U-shaped wire things, about the thickness of coat hanger wire, and silvery in color. All the big SX-#50 series had those same jumpers.

I wouldn't consider that a critical objection, unless you are trying to assemble a purist's collection of "perfect" pieces, in which case you'd look for one that still had original packaging, documents, etc... and was in pristine shape. If you are just looking for a nice one that performs well, at a reasonable price, this could do fine. You could use thick copper or silver wire, or short cables like the ones in the pic, although I'd be inclined to make something with a little higher quality than that, at least something with a bit thicker wire (lower gauge), perhaps using Mogami star quad wire and good-quality RCAs, or maybe just thick, pure silver wire bent to shape. Anything that will carry the full signal without loss will be fine, and it is a very short length to worry about.

At that price, it's a nice-looking fixer-upper. Probably a good way for someone on a budget to add an SX-1250 to their collection. I paid a similar price for mine, complete and original but in need of some TLC, several years back, and was/am very glad that I did. I haven't seen another one locally, since then, at any price!
 
Last edited:
If by "interconnects" he means the jumpers between Pre-out and Main-in, those are NOT original. They're some kind of generic after-market ones. I can't get behind my SX-1250 right now to look, but if memory serves me correctly, the original ones were just slightly squared-off U-shaped wire things, about the thickness of coat hanger wire, and silvery in color. All the big SX-#50 series had those same jumpers.

Yes, I know that the Pre/main jumpers used on this one are not factory. I've used short interconnect cables as a stand in before when the jumpers were missing. I was just reading it as being the speaker interconnects & not the Pre/Main jumpers. If the jumpers were what Sam was talking about, then yes I agree w/him.
 
Now that I think about it a little more, I'm sure Sam was talking about the jumper interconnects used on the Pre/Main jacks.
 
If by "interconnects" he means the jumpers between Pre-out and Main-in, those in the pics are NOT original. They're some kind of generic after-market ones. I can't get behind my SX-1250 right now to look, but if memory serves me correctly, the original ones were just slightly squared-off U-shaped wire things, about the thickness of coat hanger wire, and silvery in color. All the big SX-#50 series had those same jumpers.

I wouldn't consider that a critical objection, unless you are trying to assemble a purist's collection of "perfect" pieces, in which case you'd look for one that still had original packaging, documents, etc... and was in pristine shape. If you are just looking for a nice one that performs well, at a reasonable price, this could do fine. You could use thick copper or silver wire, or short cables like the ones in the pic, although I'd be inclined to make something with a little higher quality than that, at least something with a bit thicker wire (lower gauge), perhaps using Mogami star quad wire and good-quality RCAs, or maybe just thick, pure silver wire bent to shape. Anything that will carry the full signal without loss will be fine, and it is a very short length to worry about.

At that price, it's a nice-looking fixer-upper. Probably a good way for someone on a budget to add an SX-1250 to their collection. I paid a similar price for mine, complete and original but in need of some TLC, several years back, and was/am very glad that I did. I haven't seen another one locally, since then, at any price!

Well said. I'm sure if someone really wants to have *original* Pioneer factory, chrome- plated brass jumpers, they could be found around somewhere, even off of a another dead carcass Pioneer receiver.

I just make 5x9n purity pure silver replacements in any case, which helps the entire preamplifier signal pass, improve.
 

Attachments

  • Copy of silverjumpers.jpg
    Copy of silverjumpers.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 16
this one keeps calling me. Sometimes I hear it at night screaming at me that it is lonely.

http://boulder.craigslist.org/ele/2109382157.html

Not mine by the way. wosh it were

MArk

That's a nice looking one. I was about to try and contact the person selling it when I realized it was Louisville, CO and not Louisville, KY. Good thing as I still have one in the garage I need to work on. It has a weak channel in the FM section of the tunner and a couple of the large caps are leaking. Incredible sounding receiver though. Hopefully, I'll get around to fixing it up soon.
 
That it has lasted 9 days is evidence to me that the 'score' price on a lot of vintage audio is closer to the 'actual' price. But I've made that rub before so I'm sounding like a broken record. Friends of mine make a living off of selling this stuff and sometimes it's pretty hard to move even at very fair prices.
 
Back
Top Bottom