• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sx-1980

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
Im playing my SX-1980 and it occurs to me that this thing sounds decently good. I have the later version, the one with the sensor gain switch on the back. I've read how the 1980 sounds dark and a little muddy at low volumes. I'm playing her through HPM-100's. Maybe the brightness of the HPM's cancel out the darkness.
 
Register to hide this ad
IMHO the 1980 is over hyped but also overly maligned. In my home the 1980 is the most played receiver. The only thing that bugs me about it is the Quartz lock tuning.
 
I've heard the SX-1980 driving a set of Infinity Q2's which are power hungry speakers and it makes them sound pretty good at high volumes. You can hurt yourself with that puppy.

John ( did someone say speakers? )
 
Back
Top Bottom