• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sx-3800 fluoroscan display on then off then on

ConchBoy66

Caution: Student Driver
Subscriber
I refurbed my sx-3800 a few years ago and it sounds great, but the flouroscan levels meter works only most of the time, when it does go out, I can tap on top of the unit and it comes back. Obviously must be a bad solder joint or a loose wire but I really don't want to dig back into this thing. Only mildly annoying at this point, hurts my pride more than anything else..:)
 
Register to hide this ad
I was reluctant to take it back apart but I did. Everything looked ok but I reflowed the solder points for the display and now it seems fine. I tap on it and no more flicker or fade. I guess it’s because these are known to run hot? It’s working now so Let’s hope it stays that way!
 
I was reluctant to take it back apart but I did. Everything looked ok but I reflowed the solder points for the display and now it seems fine. I tap on it and no more flicker or fade. I guess it’s because these are known to run hot? It’s working now so Let’s hope it stays that way!
i recently got around to recapping that board on my sx3900. i saw no problematic solder joints.

i put that board off as long as i could. i just wanted it ready to sell. i had my fun with it. i've moved on.

i didn't like how it was built at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom