• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sx-440 sounds great

gggvan

Super Member
sx1250 is the shop, so swapped in my sx440 to fill in. wow, does this little unit sound good. hard to believe its only 15 RMS. its adding to the low end, cause even flat the bass sounds emphasized.

is this a brief glimpse into what tube gear sounds like?


Posted from Audiokarma.org App for Android
 
Register to hide this ad
Not necessarily. The earlier SX models (and the 440 predates the x3x series by a few years) tended to be cap coupled, not direct coupled. Of the one's I have the cap coupled units tend to have more bass even with the loudness switch off and bass centered. This isn't always the case tho. New caps will flatten out the response some as old caps can enhance the bass (or conversely reduce mids and highs creating an artificial bass boost).

If it hasn't been worked on, (recap) I'd be a bit more careful as to how hard and long you run it.

Larry
 
it sure alters the sound compared to the 1250, and I don't hate it. even the mid sounds more buttoned up, less "true". I would like the high a bit more crisp though. but overall a nice sound. and its a looker to, with the chrome and wood together. sure wish I had this little gem in my room when I was 16.


Posted from Audiokarma.org App for Android
 
Back
Top Bottom