gbroot
Super Member
I picked up an SX-6 for 10.00 yesterday. It's in perfect condition/nearly mint. So I pulled my SX-750 off the shelf to do a side by side comparison as they are both rated 45 watts/channel. I was very surprised, but the SX-6 holds it's own. Comparisons were made on same set of speakers (KLH Model 5). The 750 bass is slightly deeper ( as I expected) but the mid range and highs are slightly crisper on the sx-6. I am very impressed with FM reception and phono stage is slightly better than the 750. I'm sure this is not an apples to apples comparison totally, as the 750 is 8 yrs sr. to the sx-6 and more than likely needing a recap. The sx-6 was totally quiet, not a whisper of static out of any of the controls and virtually no dust under the hood. If push comes to shove and one of these were to become my daily player I'd still go with the 750 just because silver sure is pretty!
Cheers!
Cheers!