• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sx 626

Reyhifi

Well-Known Member
I got this one as part of a package deal that included a sony str V6, which is what I really wanted. The guy told me a channel didn't work it does. He had both units for around 20 years, he was a reseller before it was cool. He moved away and left some stuff at his parents place. Came back they didn't work, so I got them.
The cabinet is pretty nice, the faceplate has a gouge (shame), some oxidation on the chassis.
The critters were free, I'm doing a initial cleaning to see whats up two dial fuses are burnt out.
The whole selector switch lights are out, so I'm guessing the problem lurks a bit deeper. So after I get all the lighting issues sorted out, I 'll get to the caps and much deeper cleaning.

Should be fun. IMG_1307.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1317.jpg
    IMG_1317.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1316.jpg
    IMG_1316.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1313.jpg
    IMG_1313.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 16
Register to hide this ad
Be sure to get the correct manual. Early(R42-219-0) or Late (ART-155-0). The late manual has the cutoff points for early and late models on page 2. Figure out which submodel it is (KCW, KUW, FVZW, NBW, or FW). Then look at the cutoff number for that submodel. If your serial is LOWER then it's an Early model and uses the R42-219-0 manual. Double check the board numbers in the manual with those in you unit to see if they match. If yes, use that manual, if NO, grab the other manual and check boards against the manual.
 
I picked one up very cheap on FB several months ago, as the left channel was weak and distorted, the exterior is perfect though, not a scratch.
A thorough cleaning, especially the rotary switches, brought it back to life and I use it in my shop building every day. I’ll probably get to a recap soon.
 
Be sure to get the correct manual. Early(R42-219-0) or Late (ART-155-0). The late manual has the cutoff points for early and late models on page 2. Figure out which submodel it is (KCW, KUW, FVZW, NBW, or FW). Then look at the cutoff number for that submodel. If your serial is LOWER then it's an Early model and uses the R42-219-0 manual. Double check the board numbers in the manual with those in you unit to see if they match. If yes, use that manual, if NO, grab the other manual and check boards against the manual.
Thanks for all that, I downloaded two so far. I don’t know anything about the whole pioneer schematic. But with your help, should be a bit easier if not I’ll be back asking
 
Sweet little unit. I bought one fully restored and aligned from an AKer several months ago and it is my bedroom music and TV driver along with some Heresy 1s.
 
If you feel that a recap is necessary that is of course up to you. I highly recommend that you get both channels working first.and only replace the parts necessary to do that.
I've had a a couple dozen vintage receivers pass thought my hands over the years. Some worked when I got them and some didn't. The ones that didn't I repaired but have never done a recap on any of them.
"If it’s not broke, Don't fix it."
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom