• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-650 question

PDoyle

Active Member
Hello, need a little bit of info.
I'm looking at buying a Pioneer SX-650.
My goal is to hook up my Sirius S50 home dock to it and power 2 Bose 201's in my 3 car garage.
Is there a line-in female plug for the Sirius jack to plug into?
Also, how is the SX-650 at 35 watts per ch?
Thanks for any help. This my first post.
 
Register to hide this ad
Any receiver or amplifier with an AUX input will do the job.

The Pioneer SX-650 is a decent little unit.
 
Any receiver or amplifier with an AUX input will do the job. -This is my question.
Is there a line-in plug on this particular unit? I'm having trouble getting pics of the rear to see what it has for inputs.
 
If you're talking about something like a 3.5mm jack, the answer is no. You should be able to come up with some sort of adapter to accommodate the requirement though.

Below is a pic from classicaudio.com of the rear panel.

SX650r.jpg
 
Last edited:
I don't think you will find any "vintage" hi-fi gear with a 3.5mm stereo line in jack.

Radio Shack can supply an adapter to convert from 3.5mm to RCA
 
Thanks. Next question- is 35 watts going to power a set of Bose 201's and get their max sound? I mean is age of the unit a factor? I'm sure this was asked before, if so sorry.
 
35 watts should be plenty. You cannot under estimate the sound these vintage units will put out compared to the BPC's of today. I have some units with less power that do quite well.

Speaker efficiency will be a factor. What is the efficiency rating of your Bose?
 
Does anyone know of a replacement for an SX-650 Volume pot that can be sourced new? There is someone on ebay sellng them for $90.00 and I' sorry but I'm not paying that these have a loudness pin and I'm not sure how to spec that. I really don't want to put in a 50 year old part from a donor unit. Any suggestions?
 
Does anyone know of a replacement for an SX-650 Volume pot that can be sourced new? There is someone on ebay sellng them for $90.00 and I' sorry but I'm not paying that these have a loudness pin and I'm not sure how to spec that. I really don't want to put in a 50 year old part from a donor unit. Any suggestions?

Those new ebay replacements will disappoint.
I'd try to source an original which is an ACV-179. Best of luck to you.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom