I’m in the process of replacing my diodes on my Pioneer SX780 only because of the age of the unit and also replacing the filter capacitors .
The original diodes are
SR3AM-8 4-each
S1B01-02 4-each
A supplier told me that a suitable replacement for the
SR3AM-8 Replacement 1N5404
S1B01-02 Replacement 1N4004
The replacement diodes seem much small in physical size than the originals. I know modern technology has improved many of our electronic components to have equal or higher values in small physical sizes.
This is my first venture replacing my diodes and I would appreciate any guidance or advise . I really don’t know too much in this area and I know this forum has very knowledgeable people who can guide me through this issue
I’ve attached both cit sheets for the diodes , forgive my lack of understanding , but I don’t know how to interpret the values
Bernard.
The original diodes are
SR3AM-8 4-each
S1B01-02 4-each
A supplier told me that a suitable replacement for the
SR3AM-8 Replacement 1N5404
S1B01-02 Replacement 1N4004
The replacement diodes seem much small in physical size than the originals. I know modern technology has improved many of our electronic components to have equal or higher values in small physical sizes.
This is my first venture replacing my diodes and I would appreciate any guidance or advise . I really don’t know too much in this area and I know this forum has very knowledgeable people who can guide me through this issue
I’ve attached both cit sheets for the diodes , forgive my lack of understanding , but I don’t know how to interpret the values
Bernard.
Attachments
Last edited: