• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-850 restore/repair near southern Indiana?

bmwolf

New Member
Greetings! Long time lurker in need of some help. I have an incredibly nice condition SX-850 that's been out of service for about a year. I'd like to get it repaired, and if it needs it, a complete restoration.

The receiver turns on and I can output via tape to another receiver, but the relay never clicks and I can't get anything out of the amp. I can't find any blown fuses nor see anything obviously wrong under visual inspection. I'm pretty handy, but this one is probably beyond my basic skillset and is too nice to risk screwing up!

So that brings me to my question... does anyone know of a quality technician with Pioneer experience in the Southern Indiana area? I live in Bloomington and am willing to drive a couple hours for good work. Thanks for any suggestions!
 
Register to hide this ad
I've heard several people comment that Magnetic Tape in Louisville is good. Lyndon TV is also in the Louisville area but haven't heard about anybody that has used them. I would think there would also be some techs in Indianapolis.
 
I've heard several people comment that Magnetic Tape in Louisville is good. Lyndon TV is also in the Louisville area but haven't heard about anybody that has used them. I would think there would also be some techs in Indianapolis.

Thanks, I'll check them out. I've found a couple people in Indy, but one isn't taking on new work right now.
 
Back
Top Bottom