I have a Pioneer Receiver SX-880. The unit powers up just fine however, it takes anywhere from 15-25 seconds before I hear any output (audio). Once I get output it is just fine and sounds great. Is this something I should worry about?????
I have an SX-980 and it takes a good 10-15 seconds before the relay clicks and starts playing. I think its normal on some of the larger receivers. Do you hear the click from the relay when the sound starts or do you hear the click and then it takes a while longer for the sound to appear?
I'd check bias and dc offset, and if all that is ok..on the protection circuit there is a capacitor that must charge before the unit is allowed ot come out of protection. If these are original caps in this unit id suggest a total recap... my 980 used to take 10+ seconds..now its down to 5 from a cold start.
I also have an SX-980 that went from 10 seconds to 5 or 6 seconds after recapping the protection board. The value of the "timing capacitor" will change the delay.
Might be something to look into on your 880, along with retouching the solder joints on the PS regulator transistors.