• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX-950 in Box on You Know Where

Register to hide this ad
I hope you guys are not falling for this crap. . . It is obvious that it is well used. . .Dust. . .A service sticker or from when it was serviced on the back. . .a box that has seen better days. . .works perfectly but has never been out of the box. . .

I want to know if the serial numbers on the box match the unit. . .I want to know how it got dust inside sitting inside the box. . .I want to know about the sticker on the back. . .I want to know where is the polishing cloth, allen wrench plus the cover and other accessories. . .I want to know about the manual. . .

I just lost a lot of respect for this 100% pos. seller. . .
 
EchoWars said:
Lol!!

I wonder what his explanation is for the repair sticker on the back... :lmao:

I wrote him and asked. . .He replyed with his phone number to call him back. . .Maybe he thinks he can convince me in person. . .I'll call him tomorrow. . . I don't want it. . .I already have more Pioneer receivers than I know what to do with anyway. . .

The box is interesting though. . . . LOL. . No kidding that box adds a hundred to the value. .at least.
 
I paid $75 for my SX-980, it had no service sticker, looked new, had no dust but it didn't come with the box. I guess the box makes it NIB not the condition? I bought a Fisher RS-1060 with a box, didn't state NIB, but that I can honestly say looked as though it was never used, it appeared that someone rifled the paperwork from the box and that was that, I mean the cord was still wrapped.

The moral of my story? Expect less and you'll likely do OK. Expect more and you'll probably be disappointed.

There is a seller in Canada who claims to have NOS gear but is charging prices well above and beyond this. There again, gear approaching 30 years old that hasn't been powered up since it's factory test? It's an iffy proposition, you'll probably be looking at replacing a few caps unless you're lucky.
 
gyusher said:
I just lost a lot of respect for this 100% pos. seller. . .

Yeah, 100% seller of Gi Joes, Hotwheels, and transformers (the toy type, not electronic type).
All of his feedback is for selling toys. That feedback will go south fast once he packs the receiver and the winning bidder opens it and sees it's far from NIB. Of course any bidder who thinks they are getting an NIB receiver didn't bother to look at the pictures.
 
Too much for a raw unit. Regardless of its usage, it will need soem restoration operations performed on it. A raw SX-950 is worth no more than $150 - $200 (with or without the box). Now the asking price is a good one, even on the low side for a fully restored unit, in sweet cosmetic condition.

Enjoy,
Rich P
 
Auh the power of AK

the auction has been revised as of Aug-07-06 21:27:36 PDT with no mention of NIB

Guess the seller listened.
 
Forgiveness

It might very well be a wonderful receiver in excellent condition that could be worth his asking price or more but show it right rather than sell it by trickery. . . I know I have screwed up a few auctions on eBay by using a wrong word in the description and getting nailed doing it. If you going to embellish do it on something believable or that we can buy in to. . . I'm still very curious about the receiver and its box. . .

I see he lowered his price 50 bucks as well. . . She might well be a one of a kind 950. . . If so that price is right. . . They are getting harder and harder to find especially with the original box. . . I'm sure the seller regrets his choice of words and is cussing himself now. . . Fortunately we forgive those who 'come clean'. . .especially when it come to vintage gear. His poor choice of words wouldn't stop me from looking harder at this receiver if I was in the market for a 950.

This guy certainly is not the first and will not be the last seller that gets wound up a little too tight over a real nice piece however 'looking like new' and NIB are two very different things especially to the experts in this house (forum). . .
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom