• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SX980 power supply board AWR-164 Pin 25-27 resistor, and pin 22-24 resistor?

JK-47

Member
I'm going through an SX980 with previous heavy handed "repairs". On the power board AWR-164 and I need help to confirm the large (3w?) resistor connecting Pin 25-27 and the resistor connecting pin 22-24. 2 resistors looking like 3w by modern sizes. I know my Pin 25-27 resistor is toast so I wanted to replace both. I see no mention of these two resistors in the SM or doing a quick AK search. Any help would be appreciated.

Color coding on Pin 25-27 one looks like a 1.2 kohm nothing in the parts list for it or anything that large.


thanks in advance.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4231.jpg
    IMG_4231.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
Register to hide this ad
Maybe I'm answering my own question. Schematic power supply AWR-165 R2 and R3 are 910ohm 2watt. Maybe my white is just extremely yellow or burned. Can anyone confirm?

photos of the two resistors. one looks like 3.2kohm one looks like 1.2kohm. the 1.2k is cooked so I can't go by the color. reading 0hm. the 3.2k is reading 890ohm.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4247.jpeg
    IMG_4247.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4248.jpeg
    IMG_4248.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2025-07-25 at 3.19.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2025-07-25 at 3.19.04 PM.png
    313.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom