• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Synergistic Speakers

Hi Fi Buys sold these from Muncie to Indy to Louisville, and in Nashville. We had 11 stores at the time we sold Synergistics. IIRC the tweeters were all 2" cone types...same as the Infinity POS1.
 
"Nakdoc Hi Fi Buys sold these from Muncie to Indy to Louisville, and in Nashville. We had 11 stores at the time we sold Synergistics. IIRC the tweeters were all 2" cone types...same as the Infinity POS1."

Do you happen to know where I could find a .pdf file for these...or any website that could tell me the specs on them.
I took them to a music store in town today and the guy working there told me
that If I get woofers for them, theyll rock. I just need to made sure I get the right stuff to throw in these cabinets. Thanks
 
Great to see this thread on Synergistic speakers. I have been looking for one for years but with no luck. I bought a pair of s-62s new in the late 70's after auditioning dozens of mid to high end speakers. To my ear (at that time), these speakers were by far the best sounding. Open, clear mids and high frequencies with a solid base that rumbled the floor. I spent a lot of time at Hi-Fi shows in Philly and New York but never heard a sound like these from speakers three times the cost.

Granted speakers have personalities and the Synergistics matched mine to a tee. Kinda like a wife.....they all sound a little different and you should have the one you want to LISTEN TO for the rest of your life. For me the S-62 was a marriage made in heaven.

Unfortunately. right after I bought my pair )which had one 12 inch base), Synergistic improved the system. They changed the S-62 configuration and added a 12 inch passive radiator. To my ears, they destroyed the speakers. The base was muddy and lost its trememdous depth. Soon after they went out of business.

My S-62s are now 30 + years old and going strong. In fact might even sound better. No repairs or changes in all that time. If I could find another pair, I would buy them in a heart beat.

The Synergistic S-62 was a modest priced ($400.00 per speaker), some what ugly, boxy speaker that sings like an Angel.
 
Last edited:
Just an FYI, anyone trying to reach my website at toups.info, the webhosting service had a hardware failure and my site and e-mail are down. :tears:

First real problem I have had in years with this provider, but if it doesn't come up soon I am wondering if I need to find a new host.
 
So I picked up a pair of S-62 last night that are in need of help. Does anyone have a xover diagram for these? The cabs are in bad shape, I think I am going to have to take them apart very carefully and make new cabs.
 
I ended up with a set of the Synergistics 62's when I bought an assorted lot of vintage stereo. They are constructed really well, but I have yet to have a chance to try them out although I don't see them supplanting my monitor 12's.
 
I have a nice pair of s-52's that I have had for years in my garage/man cave.
Last time I listened to them, they seemed to be solid. Been thinking of selling them, any idea what is a reasonable price for a decent pair? I am a hi-fi collector and no longer keep speakers due to simply taking up too much space.

BTW This is my first post in many years and happy to finally break the ice, so thanks for the cool thread...
 
I don't know the answer, but you should take this question over to Dollars and Sense to avoid having the thread locked.
 
PLammers could you clarify where the "guy here" is? Would anyone care to weigh in on the S 52B models being worth the $250 mentioned. Or the likelihood of them fetching that price. I recently came across a set of the S52Bs and and matched them up. They reminded me of a set of Polk Monitor 10Bs I recently, reluctantly sold to a guy at a price below what I considered them worth. I have to say considering my investment ($5 in gas tank + 30 min ride) it was over a 2000% profit. Anyways in my opinion they are worth around that pricemark. I'm enjoying them for now though they will sell themselves when the time is right to an owner that will appreciate them as I do.
 
I have some S-71 that like the other two pair of RTRs I own sound pretty good.I assume RTR made Synergistic speakers because they are very,very similar in the design.I have some very similar RTRs and feel the four of them would be a good match for a big 70s receiver setup in the four corners of the room.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom