• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

T advice please

archie2

Addicted Member
I am considering buying a good fully automatic TT that will accept a M97xE cartridge. Does not necessarily need to be vintage. Would like to keep the price arround $100. more or less. I have been using a Sansui SR525 single play with a Shure R25XT cartridge. But since my favorite FM station is now a sometimes thing I find myself playing more and more vinyl. However I get tired of having to get up and reset the record every 15 or 20 minutes. Suggestions and sources appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
The Dual 1249 don't get no respect, but is a respectable fully auto BD TT that would work well with an M97xE. eBay. You could probably get AK member bohhey to snag one and go through it for you, but am sure that would double the $100 you are looking to spend. 1249 goes for under $100. Just make sure it has the updated motor. There was a recall and the old motors all eventually fail, I am told. Also, I think the Yamaha YP-D6 is fully auto and has a good rep. I don't watch them on eBay, but am guessing they will sell in the $100 range, as does the Sony PS-X5, which is also decent.
 
Archie, be real careful about buying a turntable on eBay. People don't know how to pack them, and the "attrition rate" approaches 50%.

Suggestions --

Dual 1218, 1219, 1229, 1249
BIC 940, 960, 980
Garrard Zero-100

Fred Longworth
 
Fred Longworth said:
Archie, be real careful about buying a turntable on eBay. People don't know how to pack them, and the "attrition rate" approaches 50%.

Suggestions --

Dual 1218, 1219, 1229, 1249
BIC 940, 960, 980
Garrard Zero-100

Fred Longworth

Thanks Fred. I'm well aware of the ebay dangers for turntable buys. I did buy my Sansui SR-525 off of ebay but it was a local pick up. I took Yamaha B-2's advice and emailed bohhey. Also added him to my favorite sellers list on ebay. And thanks for the model suggestions.
 
poor packaging

Ya the Pioneer PL 71 I just got off ebay was packed for crap. Strobe bulb broke & one foot. That is after I requested it be packed very good. Now the seller doesn't respond. Watch out. By the way are strobe bulbs available?
 
My technics sl-1600mkII is fully automatic, and I have really liked it. Got it in excellent condition off a local eBay auction for about $115. The guy I bought it from had a 97 cart on his table (from the same line, but the semi-auto) and he loved it. I still haven't upgraded my cart yet, but will get the 97 eventually. I think the sl-1300mkII is automatic, as well. Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top Bottom