so_ein_pech
Well-Known Member
Are you tired of people trying to sell their scammy white van stuff on CL?
Me too, but it takes more than one flagger to remove things from CL. So, I propose we take a bit of collective action to get these fraudsters taken down.
All I'm asking you to do is two things:
1) If you see a scam ad on CL post a link to it here.
2) Open the links that others post, and click the prohibited check box!
That's it! You've done your good deed for the day! :thmbsp:
Note: If the poster explicitly says that the speakers (or other electronics) are white van scam, then I don't consider that fraudulent.
Here are some known (or suspected) brands: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...did=508366137#Brands_associated_with_the_scam
Note that this list is not complete, and was unfortunately removed from the current Wikipedia article on white van speakers. Maybe we can keep a running list of brands we encounter in this thread.
Me too, but it takes more than one flagger to remove things from CL. So, I propose we take a bit of collective action to get these fraudsters taken down.
All I'm asking you to do is two things:
1) If you see a scam ad on CL post a link to it here.
2) Open the links that others post, and click the prohibited check box!
That's it! You've done your good deed for the day! :thmbsp:
Note: If the poster explicitly says that the speakers (or other electronics) are white van scam, then I don't consider that fraudulent.
Here are some known (or suspected) brands: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...did=508366137#Brands_associated_with_the_scam
Note that this list is not complete, and was unfortunately removed from the current Wikipedia article on white van speakers. Maybe we can keep a running list of brands we encounter in this thread.