• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tamon LB-50 subwoofer

clydeactor

Member
I just acquired a Tamon LB-50 subwoofer (Made in Japan). Its dimensions are approximately 15.5" x 15.5" x 15.5" and it weighs about 30 lbs. The Tamon LB-50 has two (2) 8" cones. Frequency Response = 20 Hz to 120 Hz. Impedence 4 ohms. RMS power 40 W x 2. The exterior is black vinyl. I cannot find any information about this vintage subwoofer, and I am curious if anyone out there has knowledge or experience with this monolithic subwoofer. Thank you very much!
 

Attachments

  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 30
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 26
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 20
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Tamon LB-50 subwoofer (follow-up)

I finally had the chance to put the Tamon LB-50 subwoofer to the test. Powered with my Pioneer SA-7500 II integrated amplifier, and connecting a pair of ADS L300C speakers, the Tamon passive subwoofer added more bass presence. It was not a drastic difference, but the added low frequencies had a pleasing "natural" sound. Of course, the Pioneer/ADS/Tamon combination does not sound as good as my full-range Marantz 2235B/Pioneer HPM-100 setup.
 
Tamon LB-50 subwoofer (another follow-up)

Today I connected a Samsung DVD-HD841 universal disc player to my Pioneer SA-7500 II integrated amplifier to audition SACD playback. First, I played Saint-Saens' Symphony No. 3 "Organ" performed by the Boston Symphony conducted by Charles Munch (RCA Living Stereo). The sound was excellent through the ADS L300Cs and the Tamon LB-50, the organ pedal tones strong and present (but not overpowering). Then I played the LOVE SCENES SACD by Diana Krall. Boy, Christian McBride's bass sounded almost live! The synergy of the Pioneer SA-7500 II, Samsung DVD-HD841, ADS L300C speakers, and Tamon LB-50 passive subwoofer produces an impressive sound. If anyone ever sees the Tamon LB-50 available for sale, I urge you to get it--I recommend it.
 
Back
Top Bottom