Hello,
I worked on my Tandberg 9200xd for quite a long time. I tuned it according to the SM . It was kind of difficult to adjust the bias setting. All the time I was getting some high voltage on the right channel ,maybe because I used old but well preserved tapes Scotch 203.
Long story-short when I record music from a CD I am getting pretty good sound quality on both channels in speed of 3 3/4”, and very bright sound by speed 7 1/2” . Especially the sound on the Right channel is so bright that goes to the distortion on the maximum volume.
My thoughts are that something is wrong with the bias adjustment or the tape I used for the calibration.
I will appreciate any help.
I worked on my Tandberg 9200xd for quite a long time. I tuned it according to the SM . It was kind of difficult to adjust the bias setting. All the time I was getting some high voltage on the right channel ,maybe because I used old but well preserved tapes Scotch 203.
Long story-short when I record music from a CD I am getting pretty good sound quality on both channels in speed of 3 3/4”, and very bright sound by speed 7 1/2” . Especially the sound on the Right channel is so bright that goes to the distortion on the maximum volume.
My thoughts are that something is wrong with the bias adjustment or the tape I used for the calibration.
I will appreciate any help.