• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tannoy Micro TM33 or Kyocera PL-601 opinions please.

wasclywabbit

When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro.
I like both these TT's. I have a Tannoy Micro but am considering a Kyocera PL-601. I really think the Kyocera is the better table BUT it's loaded with a lot of electronics that can dry up, burn out or otherwise fail - and most of it is irreplaceable and not repairable. I know. I had one self destruct last year, The Tannoy, in contrast, has basically no electronics - just a motor, microswitch and a resistor. Seems fairly bullet proof. So which way should I go?
 
Register to hide this ad
I've always had a thing for Kyocera gear. Why not keep both? If the Kyocera takes a dump you have a backup.
 
Back
Top Bottom