• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tannoy t225 speakers worth keeping?

Should I keep them ?

  • Yes

    Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    3

TrevorBarten

Well-Known Member
So I recently bought a pair of Tannoy 225's for like 10 euros on a flea market and I am not sure what to do with them. They sound pretty good but I have plenty of speakers and I saw that they can go for quite a bit of money so my question is should I keep them ? Are they good enough to justify the 300-500 usd price? (For reference currently using a sony ta 4650 for testing)
 
Register to hide this ad
Never heard them but they're worth whatever someone is prepared to pay. If the price range you cite is accurate, advertise them at a lower amount. You still come out ahead and will soon learn if there is any interest out there.

My living space is small yet I have taken advantage of "opportunity buys" on speakers. I really do try to avoid seeking out speakers but sometimes cannot pass up what I know to be an absolute bargain. Nearly all those have needed cabinet re-finishing but I no longer have access to the shop where I performed such work. The intention had always been to sell them for a profit.

Either that or meet some deserving soul in need of a pair of speakers who I could help out but that has yet to happen.

At one time I had a dozen pair of speakers, mostly stacked in my bedroom and I thought that was nuts. So I sold those that were somewhat well known, therefore easy to sell. But for the time being I'm stuck with those which are not.

Unless you have the luxury of a spare room, basement or garage, I'd sell them. I seems like they don't wow you so what's the dilemma?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom