• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tape-based play list

930C5DBE-360C-4619-9E8E-C6B4055C8E7F.jpeg 0DB45FBB-0123-47C4-BCD6-BB62F4B71370.jpeg



A couple years back I picked up a bunch of used cassette tapes from a local record shop. It was 16 classical recordings that were cheap so I thought why not? They were from Taiwan with Chinese writing and such. The shop did not know the history but some guy came in with them a few months earlier to sell. I put them on a shelf and did not mess with them for probably a year (I have hundreds of pre-recorded cassettes). One rainy day I was spending time listening to pre-record tapes on the Dragon and grabbed a few of these to try. First off, I was startled to find some dried up bugs of some kind inside a few of the cases. Not sure what they were but I was just relieved they were long dead and well decomposed. The tapes ended up being spectacular in their playback performance on the Dragon! Who ever made these knew what they were doing. Well recorded, and expertly transferred to the format. Very dynamic and clean! I have now listened to all of them and each is quite enjoyable.
 
Last edited:
Robbie Robertson ‎– Robbie Robertson ~ Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab ‎– UDCD 618

TEAC X-2000R/Maxell XLII EE

Recorded to open reel many years ago.

R-1595006-1545151246-7388.jpeg.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom