• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Tape Monitor be used as line out to another receiver?

VWGUY

Well-Known Member
Can a tape Monitor be used as line out to another receiver?


I have a Pioneer SX-780 hooked up to a TT. It sets on top of my Marantz SR 7001 that I use as my computer receiver.

The Marantz does not have Phono Inputs- Could I use the Tape Monitor out of the SX-780 to connect to the Marantz?
 
Register to hide this ad
I think you mean can you connect up your tape output of your SX 780 to connect to your Marantz. Yes you can. Either to the Marantz tape input or an aux input. No need to turn on the tape monitor switch of the Pioneer, that is only used for monitoring the tape deck.
 
Technically, yes, but you should be aware that no traditional preamp functions are availabel via tatape out. No volume control, tone, balance,... nothing.

If all you want to use it for is a phono preamp, nothing else, you're fine.
 
I use a preamp and an integrated in the same way you describe.

I have all my sources (including TT) connected to the preamp, which drives my active monitors.
The integrated amp is hooked up to the preamps tape out, and it drives my main speakers and headphone. Works fine.
 
Thanks

Yes essentially I just want to use the SX-780 as a Phono pre-amp.

Got it set up as a write this- Rush, Grace Under Pressure :music:

Don't know why I had not thought of this before. My SX-780 has a set of Altec lansing 201'a and a older JBL sub connected and sounds great! However the speakers are placed along a wall on the left side of the room. The SX is connected to my computer through a RCA cable.

I have the Marantz SR 7001 connected to my computer via a digital Optical cable (I can switch output source via computer). I use it for my computer amp- on it I have a Velodyne sub and a 4 port speaker selector for fronts- Swans, Tannoy, ADS and an older set of bookshelf speakers with ribbon tweeters flanking the computer screen. A pair of Mission MS-50's for rear speakers, no center.

I have a feeling my records are going to find some new found love. Also if I ever set up my multizone I can now listen on the patio.
 
Back
Top Bottom