Tucker99
Super Member
Hi Gang,
Yes, the value/worth question for these items has been asked before but many years back.
A Thorens TD125 MkII turntable. Operationally it has been recapped and speed adjusted so it runs true. Physically it is lovely except for one side of the plinth where it was exposed to sun and has some fading but otherwise the aesthetics are perfect. No dust cover but we will get to that below.
Currently mounted with SME Series II Improved tonearm. No headshell or cartridge would be included.
I have a second TD 125 MK II in absolutely impeccable condition as it lived its life in a closed cabinet. (I purchased it from an estate sale that a daughter was running so it is definitely a 'one owner' table.) Currently mounted with TP16 tonearm and TP60 headshell. Currently has a Shure M44-7 cartridge (mangled stylus)...I don't attribute any particular value there.
I have for either of the TTs (for extra $$) either a brand new bespsoke clear acrylic dust cover and I am thinking $250 for that or a good condition original smoked dustcover for $125. Are those values reasonable?
Neither table has a hinge kit installed. (I have only one Thorens hinge kit which I am kinda hoarding for my personal TD125 which is in my main system. it is in a cabinet so not using a cover at present so have not installed the hinge. )
I am looking for guidance on the values of the two tables, the two tonearm options and happy to hear comments on the dust cover suggested values etc. I have cruised Ebay sold listings but did not get much guidance there and hoped that the gang here would have a better finger-on-the-value-pulse.
Your assistance will be much appreciated.
PS...Any additional information required I would be happy to add.
Yes, the value/worth question for these items has been asked before but many years back.
A Thorens TD125 MkII turntable. Operationally it has been recapped and speed adjusted so it runs true. Physically it is lovely except for one side of the plinth where it was exposed to sun and has some fading but otherwise the aesthetics are perfect. No dust cover but we will get to that below.
Currently mounted with SME Series II Improved tonearm. No headshell or cartridge would be included.
I have a second TD 125 MK II in absolutely impeccable condition as it lived its life in a closed cabinet. (I purchased it from an estate sale that a daughter was running so it is definitely a 'one owner' table.) Currently mounted with TP16 tonearm and TP60 headshell. Currently has a Shure M44-7 cartridge (mangled stylus)...I don't attribute any particular value there.
I have for either of the TTs (for extra $$) either a brand new bespsoke clear acrylic dust cover and I am thinking $250 for that or a good condition original smoked dustcover for $125. Are those values reasonable?
Neither table has a hinge kit installed. (I have only one Thorens hinge kit which I am kinda hoarding for my personal TD125 which is in my main system. it is in a cabinet so not using a cover at present so have not installed the hinge. )
I am looking for guidance on the values of the two tables, the two tonearm options and happy to hear comments on the dust cover suggested values etc. I have cruised Ebay sold listings but did not get much guidance there and hoped that the gang here would have a better finger-on-the-value-pulse.
Your assistance will be much appreciated.
PS...Any additional information required I would be happy to add.
Last edited: