• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Teac a3440 record and play issue...please help..i am gonna get crazy

That looks like the right header pins... it's the other side that you want to check for bad solder joints, at the headers specifically.

John

..and that requires to take out everything that covers the motherboard i guess...right?It doesn't look so easy to take out the Function board on top..this board is connected to the function keys on front....maybe from other side?
 
The whole board unplugs, as I recall - think tapetech said the same thing in a prior post.

John
 
You can repair the through-pins from the plug-in side (shown in photo). Arrows show the through-pins. One with X looks defective. Resolder all of them and the defect should go away.

Don't know what a "header pin" is.
 

Attachments

  • M1070009.jpg
    M1070009.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 45
ok...everything is clear to me now...i will have to bring my electronic equipment for this..i think i can do it without any tech's support...you were all so helpful..i will let you know the results soon...:zoom:
Special thanks to jdurbin1 for the tips and to tapetech for the detailed drawing!!!
 
Header is another name for the same thing you're talking about (through pins). Guess PCB header would be more accurate, but they have pins... think everyone knows what is being described.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PCB...&biw=1600&bih=1137&sei=OW5aUOSEHqS62wXxp4D4DQ

John

Based on the Google photos and descriptions, headers are groups of in-line pins. Those are not the pins on the mother board with bad solder joints. Only the randomly-placed pins (with hollow centers) that connect traces from one board side to another are the ones that go bad. I have never seen bad "header pins". I have repaired several dozen Teac/Tascam mother boards.
 
Got it - appreciate the explanation.

Thought I had run into the headers where the daughter boards plug in also having that problem on a Tascam 32 I worked on last year, but I defer to your experience on this one.

John
 
I finally got everything i need for this operation ..tomorrow morning ,i will have some news, after resoldering the pins....:nerd:

Update:1 Header pin was broken from the upper side of the motherboard(1 only pin of a plug, connected to the motherboard).The motherboard didn't need any further pin re-soldering.Now everything works great!!!No hiss at the 3rd channel,and plays properly to ''play'' mode!!Thank you guys ...i wouldn't find the problem without your help.
:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom